basil411

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
12
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone gotten an interview from Western or know of anyone that has.
THanks.
 

janbran

Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
75
0
Bay Area
Status
Pharmacy Student
basil411 said:
Has anyone gotten an interview from Western or know of anyone that has.
THanks.
No, I haven't heard from them either. No confirmation of receiving my completed application. I emailed the admissions 4 days ago about the status of my app, but no response yet. I guess we'll just have to wait....
 

ooscubaoo

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
104
0
Visit site
Status
i heard they had their first interview sometime in november. there won't be another interview until january. this is what students from western U told me.
 
About the Ads

cheesygal

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2005
135
0
los angeles
Status
Yeah....they're a little slow at that. I still haven't received an email confirmation. But you can trying calling them. I did and I was surprised someone actually picked up. Anyway, if you're worried, just call them, they're really nice.
 

basil411

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
12
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
cheesygal said:
Yeah....they're a little slow at that. I still haven't received an email confirmation. But you can trying calling them. I did and I was surprised someone actually picked up. Anyway, if you're worried, just call them, they're really nice.
i got a confirmation of my application about 3 weeks ago. Last week, I emailed them asking when the interviews were, and they said they wont be starting until january. so im confused.... if the first one was already in november why would they tell me the first one is in january?
 

cosmicstarr

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2005
158
0
Status
How many letters of recommendations does Western require?
 

stargyalny

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2005
33
0
Status
Why is Western's GPA so low compared to other schools in Cali?
 

janbran

Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
75
0
Bay Area
Status
Pharmacy Student
basil411 said:
i got a confirmation of my application about 3 weeks ago. Last week, I emailed them asking when the interviews were, and they said they wont be starting until january. so im confused.... if the first one was already in november why would they tell me the first one is in january?
Did they send the confirmation via email? It had been 4 weeks since I sent my appl and still no words of confirmation from them. Who should I email to ask? Thanks
 

Shinoball

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2005
23
0
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
janbran said:
Did they send the confirmation via email? It had been 4 weeks since I sent my appl and still no words of confirmation from them. Who should I email to ask? Thanks
Yes, they sent me 2 emails.. one stating that they have recieved both my supp. and pharmcas applications. The other one said "Your file is ready for evaluation by the Admission Committee."
 

kyt0871

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2005
52
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
yea, i got email confirmations too. i've also spoke with the counselor and she was extremely nice about checking on it. if i remmeber correctly, i believe that their interviews have not started yet, at least not in november. their processing's a lil' slow... have patience :)
 

thinkblue

Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2005
78
1
Status
basil411 said:
i got a confirmation of my application about 3 weeks ago. Last week, I emailed them asking when the interviews were, and they said they wont be starting until january. so im confused.... if the first one was already in november why would they tell me the first one is in january?
My friend who is attending there says the interview starts early january so the interview invites are mailed out late dec. That was for the '05 cycle. Also, if you guys are waiting for complete comfirmation, call the admission office b/c they are slow or don't care to reply to emails (this was my case before i called them.)
 

marrymenatalie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2005
97
0
Status
ooscubaoo said:
i heard they had their first interview sometime in november. there won't be another interview until january. this is what students from western U told me.
Yup, ooscubaoo is right. The november interview is no myth, cuz I was there. The interview was a week before Thanksgiving, and I got a phone call I think early November to interview. They only interviewed fewer than 20 people, and I got accepted less than 2 weeks after the interview date :D . So there's no need to stalk your mailboxes because they'll call you or email for an interview, and just wait until early January to hear from them. Overall the interview was really easy and stress free. Just be yourself. Good luck to all, and have a very merry Christmas, Happy New Years, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa!!! ;)
 

basil411

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
12
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
marrymenatalie said:
Yup, ooscubaoo is right. The november interview is no myth, cuz I was there. The interview was a week before Thanksgiving, and I got a phone call I think early November to interview. They only interviewed fewer than 20 people, and I got accepted less than 2 weeks after the interview date :D . So there's no need to stalk your mailboxes because they'll call you or email for an interview, and just wait until early January to hear from them. Overall the interview was really easy and stress free. Just be yourself. Good luck to all, and have a very merry Christmas, Happy New Years, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa!!! ;)
if you dont mind, could you tell us what your stats were and what kind of experience or volunteer work you did? thanks!
 

marrymenatalie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2005
97
0
Status
basil411 said:
if you dont mind, could you tell us what your stats were and what kind of experience or volunteer work you did? thanks!
Well, my overall GPA and science GPA were both a little over 3.5, and I have volunteered at 2 different hospitals for about 3 consecutive years. I currently volunteer and work at a pharmacy for about 20 hours per week. I have also done undergraduate research in cardiovascular diseases, and I worked at an environmental chemical testing facility for awhile. Through all of my volunteer and work activities I attended school as well. Hope this helps. However, Western only interviewed 20 people, so there's still plenty of space. I also interviewed at alot of other schools, and I am still waiting to hear from them like everyone else in california.

Has anyone heard from USC, or UOP yet? :mad:
 

bubblechasincat

New Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2006
62
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Well, my overall GPA and science GPA were both a little over 3.5, and I have volunteered at 2 different hospitals for about 3 consecutive years. I currently volunteer and work at a pharmacy for about 20 hours per week. I have also done undergraduate research in cardiovascular diseases, and I worked at an environmental chemical testing facility for awhile. Through all of my volunteer and work activities I attended school as well. Hope this helps. However, Western only interviewed 20 people, so there's still plenty of space. I also interviewed at alot of other schools, and I am still waiting to hear from them like everyone else in california.

Has anyone heard from USC, or UOP yet? :mad:
when did you turn in your apps may i ask

thank you
 

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
7,860
6
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status
Pharmacist
when did you turn in your apps may i ask

thank you
marry hasn't posted since June '06, you might search her previous posts to see if the info you're looking for is there. If it's worth it, I sent my USC apps in last October (end of the month) and was interviewed in March.
 
About the Ads