Anyone heard from Texas Tech?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asu0717

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Texas Tech? I had an interview in early February, and they said they would send out invites by mid-March at the latest.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Schwettman said they were being sent out this week. So it just depends on how far away you live before you receive your letter.

doesd anyone think that the acceptance will be shown on the website under admission status? let me know if anyone has anything besised interviewed. i interviewed in early Feb. also. i'm ready to know something!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
rbcatch22 said:
doesd anyone think that the acceptance will be shown on the website under admission status? let me know if anyone has anything besised interviewed. i interviewed in early Feb. also. i'm ready to know something!!!

When I was at my interview, they said that you wouldn't be able to see online until after you have received your actual letter because they wanted students to experience opening the letter. I dont really know why. Mine just says interviewed too.

thanks a lot for the info! they did not tell us that. thanks again and good luck!!

Just an update for those of you waiting: They haven't sent the letters out yet for early interviews, they will send them out sometime next week.

I interviewed at Teach early Feb as well and have been waiting to hear something. I have a friend who interviewed last Friday, March 11 and they told her that early acceptance letters will go out sometime this week. I've been so nervous with anticipation it was driving insane! I'm so glad I found this msg board..good to read about other people trying to do the same thing. Good luck!

I'm getting anxious. Has anyone heard anything?

I haven't heard anything yet either. When were they supposed to mail out the letters? And will they mail you a letter if you didn't get accepted for early admissions?

asu0717 said:
I haven't heard anything yet either. When were they supposed to mail out the letters? And will they mail you a letter if you didn't get accepted for early admissions?

Still haven't heard anything from Tech here either. I remember them saying they would mail out a "letter of regret" if you are not accepted for early admissions..but im not sure about a letter for being put on a wait list. So either we have all been put on a waiting list or they are just running behind?? I have no clue, but this waiting is still driving me insane.

I called the pharmacy school on monday, and they said that they still haven't mailed out any offers. I'm not sure when they will mail them out, or if they have sent them out since then or not. Just thought I'd let you know!

I think they are going to try and mail out acceptances this week since we start our spring break on Friday. I would think they would want to get them out there before then. I will ask Mike for all of you on Friday if I have time.
Just hang in there.

Em

emogrrrrl said:
I think they are going to try and mail out acceptances this week since we start our spring break on Friday. I would think they would want to get them out there before then. I will ask Mike for all of you on Friday if I have time.
Just hang in there.

Em

Hi emogrrrrl,

This is Arnold. I talked to you on Feb. 11th when I had my interview. I am still waiting for mine correspondence. Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the final interview date is, or when those final invitations will be sent?

Has anyone heard anything yet? The wait is on and I'm beginning to get antsy! In, out, borderlined...just let me know something (preferably the former).

Pigeon26 said:
Has anyone heard anything yet? The wait is on and I'm beginning to get antsy! In, out, borderlined...just let me know something (preferably the former).

This is what I've heard from a guy at my school. He recieved an acceptance letter from Tech on the 18th of March. And I am still anxiously waiting for my rej/accept. letter. Anyone recieving any email respone from Mr. Schwettman? I've sent out about 3 emails and never got a response.

fob12 said:
This is what I've heard from a guy at my school. He recieved an acceptance letter from Tech on the 18th of March. And I am still anxiously waiting for my rej/accept. letter. Anyone recieving any email respone from Mr. Schwettman? I've sent out about 3 emails and never got a response.

Hmm..that sounds suspicious to me, to be honest. When I spoke to Mike that week he said that they hadn't sent anything out, and when I spoke to him last week on Tuesday he again said they were finalizing decisions and that nothing had been sent out. I may be mistaken, but as far as I know, if anything had been sent out then it was late last week.
Again, I could be wrong, but that's what Mike told me when I last saw him. Our school is on spring break this week, so I'm not sure if I Mike will be in the office. I didn't get a chance to speak to him before I left on Friday- I had too much to do and I was ready to get the hell out of school and go on break.
Just hang in there. I know how anxious you can get when waiting for a letter. I've been there. If anything, I would call, not write an email.
If I should hear anything I will post it.

I haven't receive an acceptance letter yet, but last night I went online to their website and found a link option that says "accept offer" and my status changed to "offer extended". My interview was on the 25th of Feb, and I was also told that the letter comes first, then the online status... I believe that they are sending letters out this week.. Good luck everyone :)

Ting324 said:
I haven't receive an acceptance letter yet, but last night I went online to their website and found a link option that says "accept offer" and my status changed to "offer extended". My interview was on the 25th of Feb, and I was also told that the letter comes first, then the online status... I believe that they are sending letters out this week.. Good luck everyone :)

I have looked on website and I am unable to find this link -- could you specify where you found the link. Thanks!!

um i got my letter yesterday with confetti!!! aww...they are too sweet. so, i'm guessing some letters are out! good luck all!

dancqt04 said:
I have looked on website and I am unable to find this link -- could you specify where you found the link. Thanks!!

There will be an additional option if you are accepted, or else it just has the option of review application. Good luck!

just wondering if anyone who interviewed for regular admissions, has heard back from them yet?

Those that were in the pool for regular admissions and those who didn't get in the first round should start checking online and looking in your mailboxes- it appears that they are sending out a second round of acceptances. Best of luck to everyone!