Anyone Heard From UCONN PostBac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CHawK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completed my app over 1 month ago and all I have received is a very short email confirmation.

Members don't see this ad.

Ha! You're better than me - I haven't even gotten the email yet! I talked to the guy about my situation (being dismissed in the past etc) and he said this program was very very competitive and good luck. Great :confused:

I applied on the deadline and just heard back via email last week. I got an interview--hooray!

Anyone else starting to hear back?

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So has anyone from THIS application cycle heard anything from UConn? I applied in February and just have the confirmation that my app is complete. Does anyone know if they wait until the deadline to interview/send out rejections?

not yet...still waiting! I know they definitely cashed my check though!

not yet...still waiting! I know they definitely cashed my check though!

haha, yeah, schools usually don't make you wait for THAT... too bad they can't be so quick about admissions decisions!

Glad to know someone else is still waiting too though . :) Everytime I call I get Dr. Sanford's voicemail.

I am waiting also, my application was complete around 3/8, does anyone know how long the wait is for an interview invite? It said on my confirmation email I could hear something from now until June 30?!

Yeah...I'm still waiting to hear back too. This is the worst part! Hopefully we know something BEFORE June 30!

I am waiting as well, although I only got my app in just recently.

So you guys know, I applied to this program a few years ago and didn't get in, but the way they "told" me was to say nothing. ...Meaning I had to call them up a few months later and have the secretary tell me. I guess they only contact the accepted people? ...Or maybe my experience was a fluke.

I am waiting as well, although I only got my app in just recently.

So you guys know, I applied to this program a few years ago and didn't get in, but the way they "told" me was to say nothing. ...Meaning I had to call them up a few months later and have the secretary tell me. I guess they only contact the accepted people? ...Or maybe my experience was a fluke.

thanks for the heads up, fiznat! Hopefully your experience WAS just a fluke :eek:

just wanted to bump this up....

Still waiting as well. Only have the confirmation email. I wonder how much longer we will have to wait. I really want to get into this program, though it is such a compet. program. I wonder what that actually means. How compet. could it be?

Good Luck everyone.

I feel your pain man. I only got my app in something like 10 days ago and I was pretty relaxed about it then, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately and find myself checking my email much more often than I normally would in hopes that there would be SOME news.

I would be really interested to hear if someone got a result either way. I'm still not sure if they send out rejection notices or not.

sigh, another week....... I literally can't wait! Hope everyone else is having a great week.

Members don't see this ad :)
nope, nothing here, one way or the another......

hopefully we'll find something out soon.

Has anyone heard anything one way or another yet?
No I haven't heard anything either. Although I applied for the full year program which starts in June, but when I emailed the director earlier this month, he said they would be reviewing the full year applications shortly. So still no answer on when we should know something?

So is there a difference between the full year program and the regular plan B? I was under the assumption that they all started in fall along with the normal fall semester? Is this full year program something they do for plan A or is it also for Plan B. Did we have to mention it on our application as an extra thing?

So is there a difference between the full year program and the regular plan B? I was under the assumption that they all started in fall along with the normal fall semester? Is this full year program something they do for plan A or is it also for Plan B. Did we have to mention it on our application as an extra thing?
I am not exactly sure, it is listed on the website as the minority full year program. Whether or not it is separate from A and B I am not clear on this, but I did mark it on my application. It was right next to option A or B at the top. If anyone else knows please comment.

I'm pretty sure the full year is just the minority program. I sent the director an e-mail last week just inquiring my application status since the full year program starts in mid-June. He said the files were out for review. This was Friday, April 18, 2008.

I'm pretty sure the full year is just the minority program. I sent the director an e-mail last week just inquiring my application status since the full year program starts in mid-June. He said the files were out for review. This was Friday, April 18, 2008.

Has anyone thought of just taking classes at UCONN on their own if they didn't get into the formal post bacc program?
I think that is what I may have to do and just wondering if anyone else out there was doing the same thing to hopefully collaborate on what classes to take?

I broke down and called Dr. Sanford the other day, asking when they may be sending out notices. He said (as it seems others have been told) that the apps are out for review, but that all decisions should be made by the end of April.

As far as just taking classes at UCONN, yeah you can do that but it is more expensive and you don't have the option to apply for financial aid as far as I understand. Also you lack the recognition that comes with being part of this program, which is one of the major perks here- especially for people interested in UCONN med.

Good luck everyone! ...As long as your luck does not supersede mine hehe :laugh:

Ok, so it is now officially the end of April (in about 15 minutes it will be May), and I haven't heard anything. I'm hoping other people are still in my boat? Any interview invites yet?

Nope, still nothing on my end. I'm sure we'll here soon. Good luck to everyone.

Nope, still nothing on my end. I'm sure we'll here soon. Good luck to everyone.

has anyone heard back yet?

i'm trying to figure whether I should stick with taking undergrad classes for another year and reapply, or just applying St. George's in the Carribean for January. Anyone out there in the same situation?

I emailed the admin. assistant for the Post-Bac program (the person who sent the application confirmation email on Dr. Sanford's behalf) and she said that they're waiting on one faculty member to finish reviewing the applications. As soon as the faculty member gets back to Keat Sanford, he'll send out invitations for interviews and denial letters. They also apologized for the delay.

Got my denial letter yesterday. :( Good luck to everyone else!

Got my denial letter yesterday. :( Good luck to everyone else!

I'm sorry to hear that......

just for info, did you receive it in actual snail mail? I just wanted to confirm as they may have sent it to my other address.

Good luck to everyone.

Bigserve99

Yep, through the US Mail. ...That dreadful thin envelope.

Ah well, I'll find another way in. They can't keep me out. :p

Yep, through the US Mail. ...That dreadful thin envelope.

Ah well, I'll find another way in. They can't keep me out. :p

Sorry to hear it fiznat.....good luck with everything.

Anyone else hear back yet?

Bigserve99

I STILL haven't heard anything!! :(

yup, rejection. I walked in after a hard night at work, followed by breaking up with my boyfriend, and had it sitting on the table, mocking me. Oh well, I have an acceptance at a pretty great DO school, so I shouldn't complain! :)

yup, rejection. I walked in after a hard night at work, followed by breaking up with my boyfriend, and had it sitting on the table, mocking me. Oh well, I have an acceptance at a pretty great DO school, so I shouldn't complain! :)

Sorry to hear it meggielou.....are you going to enroll in DO this fall?

I just hope they don't mail it to my other address, my family's address....they lose my mail a lot. I really didn't think they were going to actually mail anything. I wonder if they send interview invites by snail mail as well. I would have expected them by email.

Sorry to hear it meggielou.....are you going to enroll in DO this fall?

I just hope they don't mail it to my other address, my family's address....they lose my mail a lot. I really didn't think they were going to actually mail anything. I wonder if they send interview invites by snail mail as well. I would have expected them by email.

thanks, bigserve, I plan to go to WVSOM in August, unless I get pulled off Touro-NY's waitlist, in which case I'll have a big decision to make. Either way, I can't complain, I'm going to med school in the fall :). I was just hoping to stay in-state.

Good luck with UConn and any other programs you applied to!

Thanks guys for posting on this forum and keeping the rest of us lazy folks updated. Has anyone else who are from outside of Connecticut hear anything from the UCONN postbac program? I'm from Cali and was just wondering if there are still those of you who are in the same boat.

i emailed Dr. Sanford and he said that some files are still out for review. He will notify those individuals once they are done. So heads up for those of u who still haven't yet heard anything.

hey guys...anyone here have any specific information or insight about the UConn full year minority program..please PM me..thanks

i emailed Dr. Sanford and he said that some files are still out for review. He will notify those individuals once they are done. So heads up for those of u who still haven't yet heard anything.

Thanks for the update biofreak. I must be def. one of those still unreviewed apps still out there. Hoping to here news soon.

Good luck to everyone.

Are applications reviewed in the order they are received? My application was complete in mid-March! I'm trying to keep hope alive but I must say that I am becoming more nervous by the day! :scared:

Are applications reviewed in the order they are received? My application was complete in mid-March! I'm trying to keep hope alive but I must say that I am becoming more nervous by the day! :scared:

I'm not sure in what order they are reviewed. I was complete in late March. Based on the people that posted before...it would seem, however, that there may be a good correlation between review date and the date of completion.

In any case, let's hope for the best.

Good Luck

yea i'm not so sure if they review the apps on a first come first serve basis. Out of curiosity, bigserve, r u from outta of state? And along the same lines, has anyone outside of Connecticut heard anything yet?

I'm in Missouri and I haven't heard anything. I was told by the administrative assistant that interview invites should be sent by e-mail sometime this week and rejection letters should be going out by the end of May.

I'm a CT resident and the director emailed me today about coming in for an interview! I applied back in February for Program B.

I applied at the deadline of April 1, got an email saying they wanted to interview me in late April. I got my interview tomorrow and am nervous.

great job u guys! keep us posted how the interviews went. Anyone else heard anything?

For everyone who still hasn't heard anything, I spoke with the director yesterday and he said that everyone will know something by the end of next week.

Thanks Chris! GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE!

I got a thin envelope in the mail today...rejection. They even spelled my name wrong. Oh well, good luck to everyone else. :)

Got that thin envelope as well. good luck to everyone who's still in the running!

I sat down with the head of admissions in the dental school after I was rejected from that program. He told me that this postbac program only takes a few people. So if a lot of people are getting rejected, its because the program is probably one of the hardest to get into. I got into every postbac program I applied to and he told me that I wouldnt have a chance of getting in... :confused: