Anyone heard from UWash?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ah1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UW about the secondary? Are you a resident of wash or a WICHE state?

I'm a MI resident and received the email saying they have my app a while ago...

If you heard from them, when was your mailing date and when/how did you receive the secondary? snail? email?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I got the secondary app on 8/24 (WA resident)

AADSAS mailing date: 7/2
DAT taken: 7/26/10, aadsas sent out 8/20/10

rereceived the secondary by email with pdf file attached.

I received it too, by email on 8/26
AADSAS sent 8/13
DAT 7/12

Members don't see this ad :)
so my letters were sent in on the 6th and my last letter on the 13th which completed my application. If I have not heard back from UW by now, should I just assume that I got rejected? btw im from california

UW is slow with their application process. UW doesn't even start interviews until the last weekend in October. I wouldn't worry about rejections or anything like that.

so my letters were sent in on the 6th and my last letter on the 13th which completed my application. If I have not heard back from UW by now, should I just assume that I got rejected? btw im from california

UW is not OOS friendly unless you're a part of the WICHE states which CA is not.

I'm not apply this cycle but wanted to know what you guys thought about washu dental. What makes there program unique? I have heard they have a great medical school - do dental students take classes with the medical students? (the basic science). Anyways, I'd love to hear what you guys have heard out on the street or from visiting what makes this school unique.

GL with your apps

University of Washington has a really good dental school (might be bias because I go to UW for undergrad right now and it's my top choice but....). The medical center building where dent students go to school is giant and as far as hospitals are concerned its constantly rated top 5 or 10 in the nation.

But the dental school is also great for many reasons. It is a big time research location and they pride themselves on "research based" learning and discovery. There are also a TON of different specialties available which allows for a lot of different electives opportunities for the DDS students. They even have a dental fears clinic (1 of 2 remaining in the country) that deals with and addresses the psychology behind people being afraid of the dentist.

I took a careers in dentistry class at the school spring quarter and we had a lot of presentations from different people throughout the school so that's how I know some of this stuff.

I'm really hoping I get in there!!!!:xf: