1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

anyone heard of this new payment plan??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dent001, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Dent001

Dent001 BAMF
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i'm looking over my loan offers online and there are certain payment plans listed that no one ever mentions. it was mentioned at the usc interview's financial aide presentation, but the school im attending's financial aide counselor hasnt even heard of it. there is a payment plan which allows you to pay only 15% of your yearly income for 25 years, pay tax on remaining balance, then rest is totally forgiven. for those of you like me who are going into $350k+ at 7% interest this sounds like a great deal. you get to live a very comfortable life and basically live with good debt.

anyone have thoughts on this type of payment plan, maybe i'm missing some important points?

#1 Dent001, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HoustonDAT

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It's called Income Based Repayment Plan.

4. pk62281

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    What if you somehow end up making a million dollars a year? That's 150k a year to the government for just your loans, not including taxes.

5. HoustonDAT

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
  6. Bereno

Bereno Smoking Monkey
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I guess it depends on what you think you will be making. If you are going to specialize, I say don't do it. If you are going to be serving the poor, making a lesser income, do it. Just my opinion though...