Anyone heard of this program?

Started by benjiF
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

benjiF

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview at Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge, LA. I haven't heard of it before and I can't find anything posted on this program. Anyone familiar with it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks. Has anyone personally heard of this program?

I may be misunderstanding your question, but I don't think anybody has any personal experience with the program (maybe medical students who have done hospital rotations can chime in about the hospital and attendings) since this residency program won't actually come into existence until July 2010 (i.e. they are just interviewing their first class now). I would think the best way to get info would be to either to interview or try to talk to medical students that have done a peds rotation at that hospital. Good luck!!
 
I got an interview at Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge, LA. I haven't heard of it before and I can't find anything posted on this program. Anyone familiar with it?

So, I know nothing about this program, but when I hear the idea of being the first ever peds residency class somewhere I want to tell you to run away!!!

In my experiences, those things never go well. I've known folks who had similar experiences thinking they could blaze a trail and get a lot out of it, but they said it was just terrible administratively and logistically.

Again, I don't know anything about this specific program. I could be wrong, but just make sure you think about those issues.