Quantcast

Anyone here accepted with GRE scores instead of MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sher9mm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Being I can't create a new post, just wanted to remind folks that even though I changed my mind about podiatry, I did create a better forum for podiatrists and podiatry students (and prospectives)!

http://www.podmed.net

ProdPod

Barry-2006
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once, your in the program, you never here or talk about your scores again so don't worry about anyone not respecting you because you took them in place of MCATs. You might want to consider getting your application early so that your in a better position to obtain any scholarships or financial aid. Best of luck!

Sher9mm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not preoccupied with what people think afterwards. I couldn't care less. I'm just wondering the "admissions" folks will frown upon the GRE.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a problem at all, but then again, I was a podiatry student, not an adcom member. I knew of 3 people in my class of 87 who had used their GRE scores and didn't even bother taking the MCAT. You might want to contact the school directly and ask...The worst they could say is "We would prefer that you take the MCAT."

jconway

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think that if your gpa is ok...(which is to say its around a 3.0)
they wont really care which test you take
but definatly call and ask, but like some have said on these boards..admission to podiatry school isnt really tough...especially if you can show them that you are enthusiatic about the profession
goodluck to you
and if they say which they prefer let us know...
-j

sether52do

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into the DMU-CPMS class without an MCAT or GRE. Some don't need either.

Aggie622

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long ago did you apply that you didn't need either? Everyone that I"ve talked to in admissions told me that I needed one of the tests.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would take the MCAT if I were you since most or the majority of applicants take that test. Who knows, you might score really well. On the other hand, you can probably take the GRE whenever you want since it is computerized. GOOD LUCK and just take one or the other...

Sher9mm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I took the GRE today and completely blew it. :mad:

I started out watching the clock all night long.. couldn't sleep to save my life. I was running 30 minutes ahead of schedule and received a ticket for 70mph on the stinking interstate! Never had a speeding ticket, I was flowing with traffic, and I get no warning. I believe I can beat the ticket, but consistent with my luck, my court date was August 24th, which would be right around the time I would be moving in wherever I go to grad school which makes it nearly impossible for me to attend court.

So I spent the whole GRE worried about how much my insurance is going to go up. It was like my brain shut down and anxiety kicked in. I couldn't remember the concepts I had reviewed in the Kaplan book. I had a combined Q+V of 1160 which is absolutely horrible and completely non-competitive.

The day didn't stop there though, on the way home, my exhaust decides to split apart, so now my muffler is danging and my car sounds like a dump truck. I was terribly surprised I didn't get a ticket for exhaust on the way home. Had I been pulled over for it, I believe I would have just asked the officer what I would need to do for him to shoot me instead.

Worst day ever.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apply anyways. You never know what could happen!

I received an interview at the Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine without even turning in an application.

I know this isn't the school you are applying to, but perhaps a stroke of luck will find it's way to you!

Sorry about the ticket. :(

sether52do

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aggie622 said:
How long ago did you apply that you didn't need either? Everyone that I"ve talked to in admissions told me that I needed one of the tests.

I take that back. My acceptance stat sheet for 2003-2004 year said, "MCAT requirement: waived" But, I'm pretty sure that they meant that my Dental Admissions Test was going to take its place. Hope this helps. Sorry for the confusion.

Seth

Mr_Money

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ItsGavinC said:
I received an interview at the Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine without even turning in an application.

Hmmm.........I see their admission standards are VERY high :rolleyes:

Podiatry school.........what a joke! :laugh:

jconway

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mr_Money said:
Hmmm.........I see their admission standards are VERY high :rolleyes:

Podiatry school.........what a joke! :laugh:

mr money/brachial/gasman

nice to hear from you again
you were missed
i see there has been no relief from that chronic virginity you have been sufferring from...
oh well
keep on working at it big guy....
;)

-j

Mr_Money

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
jconway said:
mr money/brachial/gasman

nice to hear from you again
you were missed
i see there has been no relief from that chronic virginity you have been sufferring from...
oh well
keep on working at it big guy....
;)

-j

What the ?!?!?!? :confused:

Sher9mm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You may promptly direct your negativity to another forum, Mr_Money. I see in your short time registered here that you have managed to bash the dentistry profession as well.

There is a serious lack of professional attitudes from folk claiming to be health care professionals on SDN.