Anyone here have an interview at NECO and not get accepted?

CDN_twin

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 16, 2004
43
0
Status
Have you (or someone you know) been interviewed at NECO and not get accepted? If so, do they say why they didn't accept you if they don't?
 

shirlz1983

CLASS OF 2009 @ ???
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
16
0
36
NYC
Status
I got interviewed at NECO in October, and they notified me like 7 days after and rejected me.
 
About the Ads

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
250
0
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
so you are put on a wait-list? or r u like.plain out?
Sorry if it's a sensitive Q, if u don't wanna talk about it...feel free to ignore this msg! =)

Katalio
 

shirlz1983

CLASS OF 2009 @ ???
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
16
0
36
NYC
Status
They rejected me like 7 days after the interview, they said it was because my average was not that high compared to the people they interviewed the same day that I did. But, I think that's a lie. Because, the dean even tells you himself that you wouldn't be called in for an interview if you didn't met acceptance criteria.
 

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
13,392
1
45
Tampa
Status
  1. Optometrist
shirlz1983 said:
They rejected me like 7 days after the interview, they said it was because my average was not that high compared to the people they interviewed the same day that I did. But, I think that's a lie. Because, the dean even tells you himself that you wouldn't be called in for an interview if you didn't met acceptance criteria.

They gave me the same line at berkeley after they rejected me (Post-interview). I think they just use that as a BS excuse. If you didn't think my stats were high enough.. why the hell did you interview me ??
 

CDN_twin

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 16, 2004
43
0
Status
shirlz1983 said:
They rejected me like 7 days after the interview, they said it was because my average was not that high compared to the people they interviewed the same day that I did. But, I think that's a lie. Because, the dean even tells you himself that you wouldn't be called in for an interview if you didn't met acceptance criteria.

Did you call them to find this out or was it stated in the letter?
 

shirlz1983

CLASS OF 2009 @ ???
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
16
0
36
NYC
Status
I called NECO and that's what the secretary had told me was written in my file. I applied with a 3.0 GPA and my OATs weren't in yet. But, I am on hold at NOVA to take the OATs over this month on the computer.
 

PLPrincess

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
138
0
36
CT
Status
shirlz1983 said:
I called NECO and that's what the secretary had told me was written in my file. I applied with a 3.0 GPA and my OATs weren't in yet. But, I am on hold at NOVA to take the OATs over this month on the computer.

That's my status at PCO too...but ICO and NECO gave me an interview regardless of my OAT....
 

shirlz1983

CLASS OF 2009 @ ???
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
16
0
36
NYC
Status
PLPrincess said:
That's my status at PCO too...but ICO and NECO gave me an interview regardless of my OAT....

PLPrincess, Did you get into any schools yet? And how were your OAT scores?
 

PLPrincess

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
138
0
36
CT
Status
shirlz1983 said:
PLPrincess, Did you get into any schools yet? And how were your OAT scores?

Nope....I don't think I'd be going out of my mind right now if I did get accepted anywhere...
The good news is that out of the 3 schools I applied to I got interviews at 2

my OAT AA was 280 :thumbdown: but my GPA is around 3.4 and I have over 2.5 years of optometric experience....

oh well.... there's always next year ...i guess :(
 

Fedz

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
15
0
Status
PLPrincess said:
Nope....I don't think I'd be going out of my mind right now if I did get accepted anywhere...
The good news is that out of the 3 schools I applied to I got interviews at 2

my OAT AA was 280 :thumbdown: but my GPA is around 3.4 and I have over 2.5 years of optometric experience....

oh well.... there's always next year ...i guess :(

Next year? I think you have a good shot for this year. Hang in there. Your GPA and experience look really good!
 

h6ppygirl

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2004
9
0
Status
PLPrincess said:
Nope....I don't think I'd be going out of my mind right now if I did get accepted anywhere...
The good news is that out of the 3 schools I applied to I got interviews at 2

my OAT AA was 280 :thumbdown: but my GPA is around 3.4 and I have over 2.5 years of optometric experience....

oh well.... there's always next year ...i guess :(


Hey, don't let yourself down...your gpa and experience looks good. Plus, think positive so that your passion and enthusiasm to be a future Optometrist can show through in your other interviews. You definitely don't want your insecurities to come out that day. The fact that you already got an interview means that you are half-way in :thumbup: That day of the interview, you want to set aside any fears/negativities and show what you are all about....
especially at SCCO (I got interviewed there last Jan.) it was a closed file interview meaning they only have read your personal statement and the essay that you wrote on the interview day. Basically, at SCCO, they don't know your gpa and OAT score. They just want to know who you are as a person. Anyways, hope this helps.
 

PLPrincess

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
138
0
36
CT
Status
h6ppygirl said:
Hey, don't let yourself down...your gpa and experience looks good. Plus, think positive so that your passion and enthusiasm to be a future Optometrist can show through in your other interviews. You definitely don't want your insecurities to come out that day. The fact that you already got an interview means that you are half-way in :thumbup: That day of the interview, you want to set aside any fears/negativities and show what you are all about....
especially at SCCO (I got interviewed there last Jan.) it was a closed file interview meaning they only have read your personal statement and the essay that you wrote on the interview day. Basically, at SCCO, they don't know your gpa and OAT score. They just want to know who you are as a person. Anyways, hope this helps.


Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I guess I'm just hoping for the best, but preparing myself for the worst. It's hard being confident and secure all the time, I guess that's why I log on here so much. It's good to hear words of reassurance from people who are going through the same thing or have already been through it. As much as I love my family and friends, they don't always understand what I'm going through and aren't exactly the most objective (obviously i'm THEIR favorite candidate :laugh: ). So before we get all emotional ;) I just wanted to say thanks.
 

I-Ball

OD WANNABE
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
57
0
Status
PLPrincess said:
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I guess I'm just hoping for the best, but preparing myself for the worst. It's hard being confident and secure all the time, I guess that's why I log on here so much. It's good to hear words of reassurance from people who are going through the same thing or have already been through it. As much as I love my family and friends, they don't always understand what I'm going through and aren't exactly the most objective (obviously i'm THEIR favorite candidate :laugh: ). So before we get all emotional ;) I just wanted to say thanks.


Yup, it's all about hanging in there and fighting through it. I love the quote in your sig...
 
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads