Anyone home at NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leeuwenhoek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad: Seriously, what's up with NOVA? I've been trying to contact them over the phone (specifically Su Ann Zarrett) as well some other people in admissions and I keep getting voice mails so I leave messages and never get called back. I have since started emailing them as the website says this is more convenient given the number of calls they receive but no replies. :mad:

I submitted everything including supplemental stuff and have been checking my status on their WebSTAR system that doesn't seem to be updating (like AADSAS). No updates since July 20th. It still states my LORs are missing however an email says they received it.

The reason I'm calling is because under my permanent address their WebSTAR system cut off part of my mailing address as well as under where my city should be it says "unknown". I know NOVA has been mailing out letters for invites but I haven't had any sort of communications with them (not for a lack of trying on my part). Under my preferred mailing address it is there intact and correct. I'm just concerned that if the envelopes for the letters are automated and they automatically list the permanent address to send their stuff I'm not going to get it.

Any suggestions on what to do now? I can't keep calling and emailing with no response as it seems like everyone is on vacation! By that time I may be too late for consideration. Hmmm maybe their WebSTAR system is based on the same model/work ethic as AADSAS :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Leeuwenhoek said:
:mad: Seriously, what's up with NOVA? I've been trying to contact them over the phone (specifically Su Ann Zarrett) as well some other people in admissions and I keep getting voice mails so I leave messages and never get called back. I have since started emailing them as the website says this is more convenient given the number of calls they receive but no replies. :mad:

I submitted everything including supplemental stuff and have been checking my status on their WebSTAR system that doesn't seem to be updating (like AADSAS). No updates since July 20th. It still states my LORs are missing however an email says they received it.

The reason I'm calling is because under my permanent address their WebSTAR system cut off part of my mailing address as well as under where my city should be it says "unknown". I know NOVA has been mailing out letters for invites but I haven't had any sort of communications with them (not for a lack of trying on my part). Under my preferred mailing address it is there intact and correct. I'm just concerned that if the envelopes for the letters are automated and they automatically list the permanent address to send their stuff I'm not going to get it.

Any suggestions on what to do now? I can't keep calling and emailing with no response as it seems like everyone is on vacation! By that time I may be too late for consideration. Hmmm maybe their WebSTAR system is based on the same model/work ethic as AADSAS :mad:

same thing happened to me they never pick up their phone and they also dont reply to messages left in their voice mail...one time i called and they did pick up finally, so i would just forget about leaving voice mails and just try to keep calling a million times in a row until they pick up...good luck :thumbup:

If you call, try asking for Margie Bell, she's really nice and in the administration office. I think she is getting back from a vacation on monday. That's all I would try.

Members don't see this ad :)
djeffreyt said:
If you call, try asking for Margie Bell, she's really nice and in the administration office. I think she is getting back from a vacation on monday. That's all I would try.

Thank you, I'll try and see if I can reach her.

koochooloo said:
same thing happened to me they never pick up their phone and they also dont reply to messages left in their voice mail...one time i called and they did pick up finally, so i would just forget about leaving voice mails and just try to keep calling a million times in a row until they pick up...good luck :thumbup:

Thanks for the inspiration, I'll keep trying and trying and trying and trying and trying and trying ;) Good luck to you too!