Anyone in a rescue squad..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sierrawest

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I had a question, is anyone here in a rescue squad? I am wondering about whether to join, I already know most of the process and what it takes. But do you think it would seem odd to the pharm schools you apply to, or would it help? Is it better to spend some years as a pharm tech, and has anyone tried to do both? I used to be pre-med when I got an interest in rescue squad, but then switched to pre-pharm where it seems getting a hospital/retain tech job is more beneficial

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. I had a question, is anyone here in a rescue squad? I am wondering about whether to join, I already know most of the process and what it takes. But do you think it would seem odd to the pharm schools you apply to, or would it help? Is it better to spend some years as a pharm tech, and has anyone tried to do both? I used to be pre-med when I got an interest in rescue squad, but then switched to pre-pharm where it seems getting a hospital/retain tech job is more beneficial

thanks

are you refering to an ambulance job (EMT) ? or the rescue truck on a fire department? I have experience with both. I have no pharmacy experience. Working on the ambulance has given me tons of relevant and practical experience with pt care/assessment/emergency drugs and understanding diseases. It gave me lots of confidence in talking to people and in knowing I can handle pretty much any type of stressful environment. You should ask your intended school what they prefer, but I know it helped my application. For me it is better than retail experience because I want to be in a more clinical setting when I am done.