Anyone interested in MCW program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

handwr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently a MSIII and I'm interested in persuing GAS at Medical College of Wisconsin. I was wondering if anyone had input regarding the program and/or the type of requirements they might have (boards/research). I need to be near Milwaukee for family reasons, but I've read MCW is a nice program.

Any help is appreciated,

handwr

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how to interpret the lack of response... either MCW is a poor program and no one is interested, or those interested just aren't SDN'ers.

I can't say I know a whole lot about the program at MCW, but I'm interviewing there in a couple of weeks. From what I have read, it's a solid program, consisting around ~22 residents per/yr, many of which are AMGs. I do know several USIMG's interviewing there, so if you're an AMG, with half-way decent board scores, I'm sure you'll have no problem getting an interview. Best wishes...

My 2 cents...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks,
I am a US grad, and have an ok score... I noticed how many IMG and DO's were in the program and wondered if that meant anything. I'm not at all pretentious, so if the program is good, I'll be happy. If you remember, let me know how the interview goes!

hey,
i sent you a message. check your mailbox and if you didn't get it, let me know. glad to be of help. take care.

handwr said:
Hello,
I'm currently a MSIII and I'm interested in persuing GAS at Medical College of Wisconsin. I was wondering if anyone had input regarding the program and/or the type of requirements they might have (boards/research). I need to be near Milwaukee for family reasons, but I've read MCW is a nice program.

Any help is appreciated,

handwr

I got it, thanks for all the info! Good luck in your pursuits.