Anyone interested in online EMS journal club?

Started by viostorm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

viostorm

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone be interested in an "online" EMS journal club?

Someone could post an article every couple of weeks and then discuss it?

I think a lot of people here have good things to say?

Yes? No?
 
+1

Sounds like a cool idea. I need to keep up with that kinda stuff better anyways.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) How would we post article? Would there be copyright problems? The abstracts are available at pubmed, but that really doesn't tell you all the details of the article. I doubt it could be posted on SDN, perhaps we could email it to a group of people without too much trouble if someone had the pdf. Suggestions?

Here is the guidelines I would suggest:

* Peer reviewed journals
* EMS related only
* Preferentially recent articles only ...

It may be too much trouble ... the place I am does not have an EM program so it is hard for me to stay up to date
 
sounds good to me.
what exactly is "peer reviewed" ???
streetdoc
 
streetdoc said:
sounds good to me.
what exactly is "peer reviewed" ???
streetdoc

Well, personally I would rather read articles that approach problems from scientific perspective ... but honestly I don't care. I don't find JEMS very stimulating intellectually ...

I was more thinking Annals of Emergency Medicine ... et cetera

Things written for physicians, medical directors, advanced prehospital care providers, that comment on the state of the practice.
 
what exactly is "peer reviewed" ???

It means that it is reviewed by a professional (normally an MD in the case of medical journals, PhD's in other areas) for quality and content before publication
 
viostorm said:
1) How would we post article? Would there be copyright problems? The abstracts are available at pubmed, but that really doesn't tell you all the details of the article. I doubt it could be posted on SDN, perhaps we could email it to a group of people without too much trouble if someone had the pdf. Suggestions?

Here is the guidelines I would suggest:

* Peer reviewed journals
* EMS related only
* Preferentially recent articles only ...

It may be too much trouble ... the place I am does not have an EM program so it is hard for me to stay up to date
No, you cannot post the article here. You can only post a link to the article. You should be able to post the abstract though (I think).