anyone interview at creighton yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keikei

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you share your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

anybody know when they are interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed for the RDEP, but you DO need an interview to get in these days.

good luck

I interviewed for the RDEP, but you DO need an interview to get in these days.

good luck

i spoke with the admissions lady she said an interview isn't absolutely required, but they are by invite only now.

I had my interview yesterday. On the issue of what Creighton is up to with these interviews this year, they are ONLY accepting applicants they interview according to Dr. Ayers.

Interview was pretty laid back, Dr. Ayers is a really nice guy, he gives off the aura of really caring about your experience and he's very proud of Creighton. Also, he'll let you go as long as you want with the interview, as long as you have questions, I think I was in there 35-40 minutes, the kid before me was done in about 10 :eek:

I arrived at the campus about 40 minutes early, and talked to the other kids waiting to be interviewed. Everyone but me was from the midwest. Mostly non-SDN types, there was one SDN-er there who's UID I can't remember right now (sorry!). It appears everyone was scheduled for 2:00, and they were taking people back one at a time in order of when they got there. Some people went on a tour before the interview and some after.

Tour is given by a student, mine was James. He was pretty enthusiastic, and everyone in the background of the tour (students, professors, staff) were pretty nice, everyone seemed to know each other. Clinic is huge and nice, completely free of specialty residents.

The one thing I wasn't too impressed with were the pre-clin labs and the lecture rooms. They to be about the same age and quality of the classrooms at my community college, not horrible but by no means special. Also, there is a distinct lack of technology present. Creighton students still take notes on printed out powerpoint slides. Not a huge problem, but slightly disappointing

Omaha was great to, much nicer city then I thought it would be. If you're lucky enough to interview at Creighton, go to Old Market and check out the Upstream brewery. It was the best beer and best steak I've ever had and that's no exaggeration.

All-in-all the school looks really good, really strong clinical practice, you get exposure to implants and ortho, and you get interesting cases that a resident would scoop up anywhere else. Go and you'll see where Creighton's reputation comes from.

I was told that the number of applicants was significantly up at Creighton (as is nationally), and that interviews were required.

The school absolutley has progress to make as far as technology goes. They have said that the do plan to begin the transition to paperless charts next year:thumbup:.

I had my interview yesterday. On the issue of what Creighton is up to with these interviews this year, they are ONLY accepting applicants they interview according to Dr. Ayers.

Interview was pretty laid back, Dr. Ayers is a really nice guy, he gives off the aura of really caring about your experience and he's very proud of Creighton. Also, he'll let you go as long as you want with the interview, as long as you have questions, I think I was in there 35-40 minutes, the kid before me was done in about 10 :eek:

I arrived at the campus about 40 minutes early, and talked to the other kids waiting to be interviewed. Everyone but me was from the midwest. Mostly non-SDN types, there was one SDN-er there who's UID I can't remember right now (sorry!). It appears everyone was scheduled for 2:00, and they were taking people back one at a time in order of when they got there. Some people went on a tour before the interview and some after.

Tour is given by a student, mine was James. He was pretty enthusiastic, and everyone in the background of the tour (students, professors, staff) were pretty nice, everyone seemed to know each other. Clinic is huge and nice, completely free of specialty residents.

The one thing I wasn't too impressed with were the pre-clin labs and the lecture rooms. They to be about the same age and quality of the classrooms at my community college, not horrible but by no means special. Also, there is a distinct lack of technology present. Creighton students still take notes on printed out powerpoint slides. Not a huge problem, but slightly disappointing

Omaha was great to, much nicer city then I thought it would be. If you're lucky enough to interview at Creighton, go to Old Market and check out the Upstream brewery. It was the best beer and best steak I've ever had and that's no exaggeration.

All-in-all the school looks really good, really strong clinical practice, you get exposure to implants and ortho, and you get interesting cases that a resident would scoop up anywhere else. Go and you'll see where Creighton's reputation comes from.

wow, thats freakin amazing, they told me that interviews aren't required...i love getting jerked around!