Anyone interview at UIC yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billiken10

I hated headgear.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an upcoming interview at UIC and I was wondering if anyone had interviewed there yet this fall. If so, what questions were you asked and what was the impression you had when you left the interview? Was the format two interviews with two interviewers? or different? Please share your experience and impressions with me! Thank you!

B10

Members don't see this ad.

i had an interview there a few weeks ago. they go straight ino the interview without telling you anything about the school or thier dental program. you have two interviews one on one and two on one. the questions were standard dental interview questions. there will probably be three other students there with you. my impression after the interview was that the school blows and i am glad it is my backup.

Billiken:

Congrats! Some people might not take UIC to be anything special, but then again maybe those people havent had to struggle like we have. I know a few people who have gone there and have had a good experience. I hear the labs arent spectacular, but really who the hell cares? I mean its a dental school and you are in state (I am assuming) and its in Chicago, what more could a person ask for (at least from my point of view)? Anyway, I am very nervous and have been trying to reach Ann with my new DATs. I am not sure how competitive/uncompetitive they are:

18 AA
17 TS
16 PAT

3.4 Science GPA
3.1 Overall

Enrolled in a grad program (biology).

Good luck at UIC interview. Some things I have heard is they ask what you do for fun, how you deal with stress, and study habits. Although, who knows it could be different at each interview. One thing that is sounding like a pattern is what Qaztake said, you are interviewed with 2-3 people. Anyway, let me know how it goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you notified, Billiken and when is your interview?? I assume (if I get one) mine will be after winter break (around January).

I was notified last week via phone and a follow up email, and my interview is the 15th of this month. I interviewed there last year in January and it was still a very intense experience. UIC doesn't accept the second half of their class until the end of February, so don't count yourself out AT ALL. I hope that my interview goes well! I will let you know how my experience is; last year the whole process got cut short by severe weather. Good luck!

B10