Anyone interviewed at Stony Brook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just received a phone call tonight from Ms. Schmidt for an interview this Thursday(tomorrow). YAY!! :) :D :smuggrin: For those who have been interviewed at Stony Brook, how was it? Was is laided back?

Anything I should know before going? Like names of horrible interviewers, how many people are interviewed each day, pros and cons about the school after the visit, do they end on time, etc.?

ANY advice would be appreciated!!! ;)

Jen

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Jen,

Don't worry it is a very laid back interview. There were four people at my interview and we ended at around 2:00. Dr. Cinotti will take you on a tour of the school and then you will have your interview with a faculty member. After that you get to eat lunch with two 4th year students behind closed doors, so you can ask them anything that you would like. Good Luck!

DieselKJ said:
Hey Jen,

Don't worry it is a very laid back interview. There were four people at my interview and we ended at around 2:00. Dr. Cinotti will take you on a tour of the school and then you will have your interview with a faculty member. After that you get to eat lunch with two 4th year students behind closed doors, so you can ask them anything that you would like. Good Luck!

Hey!

Thanks for the info. I really, really, appreciate it :D If you don't mind, can you tell me what questions were asked? There were only 4 people at your interview?? WOW :laugh:

When was your interview? And have you heard from the Admissions Committee?

Jen

Members don't see this ad :)
It was very laid back and the people were really friendly. Make sure you get which sandwich you ordered because sometimes the student who shows you around steals the wrong one. It is a great school, enjoy!

Truthfully the interviewer I had was awesome. We just sat and had a conversation for like 45 minutes. My interview was towards the end of December, and we were told that they would contact us the 3rd or 4th week of Jan. about an acceptance. Good Luck!