anyone interviewing at Brown?

Started by ny_ny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ny_ny

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to find hotels/bed&breakfasts in Providence. I was wondering if any of you have found any reasonable places. I'm not too happy with the prices I'm getting so far($150/night!!) It's RI for goodness sake.... why so pricey? I'm not familiar with the area so any advice would be appreciated.
 
Try travelocity.com? They list 47 hotels ranging from $55-$200+.

Rhode Island is always expensive 😉
 
Try travelocity.com? They list 47 hotels ranging from $55-$200+.

Rhode Island is always expensive 😉

You might be able to get a good rate here - and they may be a bit flexible if you tell them you're interviewing at Brown.

http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/Saunders_Inn/

Also, the Comfort Inn in Pawtucket is literally 5 minutes up the street from Butler, right off of I-95, and recently renovated.

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=RI010

Good luck! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anybody know if this comfort inn is shady? i bet theres some great bed and breakfast's in town!
 
i used hotwire and got a hotel downtown (the radisson) for about $50.

good luck!
 
i used hotwire and got a hotel downtown (the radisson) for about $50.

good luck!


Just a heads up - the Radisson is not technically downtown. And you probably got such a great rate because it is right next to some major highway roadwork that is going on right now (they are literally moving the interstate). It's still a good deal, and not far from the hospital... just didn't want you to have your expectations too high.

Oh, and that Comfort Inn is not shady at all. 👍
 
i'm looking for cheap, so it fits the bill - no worries. but thanks for the info!
 
I just stayed at the comfort inn, which isn't shady, its just a little shabby. I'd spend a little extra on something better downtown. But if you do decide to stay there, avoid eating at the adjacent Ground Round-- at all costs!