Anyone Just Do Straight Questions For Step 2 Prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TruTrooper

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started preparing for Step 2 CK (The past 3 years plus of med school doesn't count here). I was just wondering how many of you just did questions and nothing else?

I just started USMLE world today and have been ranging from 55-65% thus far. I wanted to read Step 2 secrets but at least every other question and answer in the book just seem to familiar to me so I thought that maybe my time would be better spent just doing questions and I could actually get through them all by the time I have to take the test.

Members don't see this ad.

TT:

I am. I do 20 questions at a time on USMLEworld and annotate First Aid with crap that;s not in there or I had forgotten. I occacionally break out another book to looking something up but that's about it.

I too have Secrets and am planning on reading that on the plane when I hit the interview trail next week.

Good luck to you!

Spang

Spang said:
TT:

I am. I do 20 questions at a time on USMLEworld and annotate First Aid with crap that;s not in there or I had forgotten. I occacionally break out another book to looking something up but that's about it.

I too have Secrets and am planning on reading that on the plane when I hit the interview trail next week.

Good luck to you!

Spang

Thnx, man. Over 61 views and only two votes and one response. I am so close to giving up on this site. Thnx again.

TruTrooper-

I took my Step2Ck last Friday. I did USMLE World and First Aid mostly. Although, looking back all I felt I really needed to do was USMLE World and read the responses well. Instead of FA I would recommend Crush Step 2. I read that book in about 4 days (it is in an easy to read conversational paragraph format) and it was very high yield. I felt the real thing was similar to USMLE world with a few exceptions.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Carbo/Taxol said:
TruTrooper-

I took my Step2Ck last Friday. I did USMLE World and First Aid mostly. Although, looking back all I felt I really needed to do was USMLE World and read the responses well. Instead of FA I would recommend Crush Step 2. I read that book in about 4 days (it is in an easy to read conversational paragraph format) and it was very high yield. I felt the real thing was similar to USMLE world with a few exceptions.

Good luck.

I appreciate this, Carbo. Thnx.

Spang said:
TT:

Good luck to you!

Spang

I did that for step 1 but found that my notes got lost in all the text.

For step 2, I recommend having a sheet of paper for each subject, cards, gi, id etc and writing down the detailed notes on EVERY question you get wrong. You should run that list whenever you have a free moment, while eating, read it through before bed, etc. They are short enough to review quickly and will help you really remember what you did wrong.

I'm convinced this method + crush or kaplan + UW carefully should net you at least 220's and up if you are pulling at least 60 cum ave on UW.

phatfarm said:
I did that for step 1 but found that my notes got lost in all the text.

For step 2, I recommend having a sheet of paper for each subject, cards, gi, id etc and writing down the detailed notes on EVERY question you get wrong. You should run that list whenever you have a free moment, while eating, read it through before bed, etc. They are short enough to review quickly and will help you really remember what you did wrong.

I'm convinced this method + crush or kaplan + UW carefully should net you at least 220's and up if you are pulling at least 60 cum ave on UW.

Good thought. I did that for most of my shelf test review last year and was actually thinking of doing that again. I don't make a separate sheet though, it just have pages of bullet points, in no particular order. I also don't do subject-specific question banks because I think random thought is better stimulation for the actual test environment. But what to I know!

spang