Anyone know about the NSHSS?

Started by btpayne13
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

btpayne13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a letter in the mail from The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) stating my nomination to be a member. I looked at the opportunities and benefits of membership, and I will soon sign up for $60. Does anyone know about opportunities of being an NSHSS member?
 
It isn't impressive for college applications. Everyone gets sent that from the PSAT and tons of people fall for it and send in money.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is that the same thing as NHS? If it is, I guess you could get it just to say that you're in...not sure how much of a difference it makes in acceptance. I don't really like the idea of honor societies (paying money to look good on resumes), but in the end everyone still joins them. I'm in pharmacy school and I just joined 2 honor societies (Rho Chi, PLS). Why? Because there's that slight chance that may differentiate me from other applicants when competing for residency.

If not, don't waste your money.
 
Is that the same thing as NHS? If it is, I guess you could get it just to say that you're in...not sure how much of a difference it makes in acceptance. I don't really like the idea of honor societies (paying money to look good on resumes), but in the end everyone still joins them. I'm in pharmacy school and I just joined 2 honor societies (Rho Chi, PLS). Why? Because there's that slight chance that may differentiate me from other applicants when competing for residency.

If not, don't waste your money.

NSHSS is even easier to get into than NHS. Basically, pay a fee and you're considered in it. NHS at least has a gpa and community service requirement.