Anyone know anything about early admission to Dental Schools???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snapatdlip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows anything about Dental schools that are willing to accept students after there junior year of college. My brother is a third year dental student and he got early admission to Creighton University's Dental school. Right now i have a GPA of 3.86 at Creighton University and my brother told me that i should apply for the early admission after i take my DAT's this summer. Personally, i know that i should make my decision after i see how i do on my DAT's but i was just wondering what you all think???? Do you guys and gals have any advice???? Is it hard to score in the 20's on your DAT???? Thankyou very much for your time....kevin

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely if you have the opportunity to gaining early accepted, you should take it since you will be 1 year ahead of most people in get in, and 1 year ahead to come out and start making money. There is no point in completing your degree (BS) because you will not be doing research after so the degree is mostly for show. Also, if you are afraid that you will have 1 year less of academic knowledge compare to the other dental students, don't worry, if the school(s) accept you, then that mean they believe you will be capable of handling the rigors of dental school (even with early admission).

Also, to get 20+ on the DAT is easy to achieve with adequate time and preparation. Try to do as many sample tests as possible to get use to the format and type of questions that will be asked.

good :luck:

I know that on my interview at Louisville, one student said there were many of dental students there that did not get their BS and were accepted to start after their junior year of undergrad. This was not the case at other schools I interviewed at though. They all seemed to have a definate preference for students with a degree.