Anyone know how a failed COMLEX PE will affect apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks26dmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Very solid board scores (240+/650+) on both step1+2 /level 1+2, very solid letters (including from a sub-i), good commitment, great third year evaluations, honors......and very possibly a failed PE due to botching the OMM portion.

Anyone know how psychiatry programs will view this? I feel like my evals and performance on a psych sub-i reflect I am good with people and didnt fail because I am a robot. And OMM isnt exactly relevent to psychiatry. Nonetheless, should I discuss this in my personal statement? Anything else I should be considering at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Very solid board scores (240+/650+) on both step1+2 /level 1+2, very solid letters (including from a sub-i), good commitment, great third year evaluations, honors......and very possibly a failed PE due to botching the OMM portion.

Anyone know how psychiatry programs will view this? I feel like my evals and performance on a psych sub-i reflect I am good with people and didnt fail because I am a robot. And OMM isnt exactly relevent to psychiatry. Nonetheless, should I discuss this in my personal statement? Anything else I should be considering at this point?
I think your scores, letters, and evals will get you the interview, and then you can reassure them in person about your PE--as long as you can reassure us that you have retaken it and expect to pass. If you do say something in your statement keep it brief and matter of fact--we don't want to read a paragraph of justifications, rationalizations, and maudlin apologies about it.

Reactions: 1 users
I think your scores, letters, and evals will get you the interview, and then you can reassure them in person about your PE--as long as you can reassure us that you have retaken it and expect to pass. If you do say something in your statement keep it brief and matter of fact--we don't want to read a paragraph of justifications, rationalizations, and maudlin apologies about it.
Agreed

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

You probably passed. Don't worry about it until you get the score report.

Everyone thinks they failed most every exam. MOST pass. Agree with all of the above. WAIT until you get your score , you may be worrying for nothing. If you did fail, you are still solid.

Just to report back.... passed. Embarrassed my neuroticism got the best of me here..
Good for you!
Can't imagine how you could get so worked up about this. It is only 4 years of hard work six figures of debt and the rest of your life. Other than that, no big deal.