• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Anyone know how long an accepted applicant can hold their seat?

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2005
NYC
  1. Dental Student
I've been accepted but I'm still waiting for other schools to interview me(some of my top choices). Does anyone know how long can I hold my seat and see if other schools accept me? If the other schools don't give me an answer within that period of time, what should I do? Would I have to pay the deposit and then back out if my top choice accepts me? Is this even possible? :( :scared:

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
  1. Resident [Any Field]
in your acceptance letter they usually give you a deadline by which you must have your deposit in to hold your seat. Temple requires half down by Jan4th...750 bucks. the second installment is due around late Jan or mid feb? can't remember :D

tiny2533

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2004
Cleveland, OH
alfie5884 said:
I've been accepted but I'm still waiting for other schools to interview me(some of my top choices). Does anyone know how long can I hold my seat and see if other schools accept me? If the other schools don't give me an answer within that period of time, what should I do? Would I have to pay the deposit and then back out if my top choice accepts me? Is this even possible? :( :scared:

Generally speaking I think you have 45 days to respond and put down a deposit. I could be wrong though.

About the Ads

jpollei

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
NC
As said above the date you have until, and the amount you must pony up, cary from program to program. And out of courtesty to others applying who didn't get accepted initially but are waiting to hear, make sure you call the programs you were accepted to but won't attend as soon as you know that so they can extend an invitation to someone else.

Dutchboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
  1. Resident [Any Field]
alfie5884 said:
Are you asking if after you've paid the money can you still back out? If so, yes. Just because you've paid the money doesn't mean you are locked in. But if you back out you will most likely lose all or some of the money you put down depending on the school. Because of this fact, don't put your money down unless your seriously interested or if you still are biding time for your top chioce to come knocking.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.