Anyone know how long an accepted applicant can hold their seat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted but I'm still waiting for other schools to interview me(some of my top choices). Does anyone know how long can I hold my seat and see if other schools accept me? If the other schools don't give me an answer within that period of time, what should I do? Would I have to pay the deposit and then back out if my top choice accepts me? Is this even possible? :( :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

in your acceptance letter they usually give you a deadline by which you must have your deposit in to hold your seat. Temple requires half down by Jan4th...750 bucks. the second installment is due around late Jan or mid feb? can't remember :D

alfie5884 said:
I've been accepted but I'm still waiting for other schools to interview me(some of my top choices). Does anyone know how long can I hold my seat and see if other schools accept me? If the other schools don't give me an answer within that period of time, what should I do? Would I have to pay the deposit and then back out if my top choice accepts me? Is this even possible? :( :scared:

Generally speaking I think you have 45 days to respond and put down a deposit. I could be wrong though.

Members don't see this ad :)
As said above the date you have until, and the amount you must pony up, cary from program to program. And out of courtesty to others applying who didn't get accepted initially but are waiting to hear, make sure you call the programs you were accepted to but won't attend as soon as you know that so they can extend an invitation to someone else.

Not to sound rude, but why don't you ask the school instead of a bunch of random people on the internet who don't even know which school you're talking about?

alfie5884 said:
Are you asking if after you've paid the money can you still back out? If so, yes. Just because you've paid the money doesn't mean you are locked in. But if you back out you will most likely lose all or some of the money you put down depending on the school. Because of this fact, don't put your money down unless your seriously interested or if you still are biding time for your top chioce to come knocking.

toofache32 said:
Not to sound rude, but why don't you ask the school instead of a bunch of random people on the internet who don't even know which school you're talking about?

Now I definitely will :cool: