Anyone know how the interview selection works?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I hear of some people getting interviews and I haven’t received an email. Is everyone notified all at once. Do they select highest GPAs to interview first? My application verified at the end of July. Could I still get an invitiation for an interview at the end of the month?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear of some people getting interviews and I haven’t received an email. Is everyone notified all at once. Do they select highest GPAs to interview first? My application verified at the end of July. Could I still get an invitiation for an interview at the end of the month?
It varies from school to school. It depends on whether the program does rolling admissions or not. If the school does rolling admissions, then they usually offer multiple interview dates both before and actual their actual deadline. If they don't, then they often only evaulate applications after the program deadline.

I'll speak only from my experience with the program I've been accepted into (University of North Georgia). UNG seemed to have two criteria for determining who gets selected for an interview and when they conduct interviews. 1) GPA. They stated in their info section on the program website that only candidates with a 3.4 pre-req and overall GPA or higher would be considered competitive for an interview. 2) Early vs Regular Decision and Rolling Admission. I researched online and discovered that people were saying that UNG gives high priority to early admission candidates over regular admission candidates and candidates who apply earlier are more likely to get a position (so I applied early decision and completed my application ASAP). In terms of when they notify people I was informed of my interview 1 week before it occurred and I was interviewed on the same day as 9 other candidates who were informed of the interview around the same time as I was. They also told me that they had more interview sessions to do over the next 2 weeks after my interview

Your best bet would be to see what is stated on the program website and what other people have said online about the admissions process for the program your applying to. Some schools conduct interviews all the way into October/November. Every program is different.
Many schools are focusing mostly on their early admissions interviews right now b/c they have until 9/25 to either accept candidates or cut them lose to apply to other programs.

Good Luck!