Anyone know much about UCONN's pharm program?

Started by Soquid
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Soquid

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How hard is it to get in the pharm D program after the first two years?
Would you say the guaranteed admission requirements are hard/easy?
When I apply to UCONN do I have to tell them I'm interested in the pre-pharm program?

Also, will I be struggling if I don't take an AP chem course in high school? I've only taken a reg. academic chem class and I was pretty good at it.

I know I've got a lot of questions. It's my senior year of HS and I'm worried college will be tough. I also not quite sure how to go about applying to colleges yet; I'll have to talk to my guidance counselor.
 
I believe getting into the pre-pharm dept. is not hard. But you are not guarenteed a seat from what I remember. But I may be wrong. Being the only pharmacy school in CT (from what I can remember), alot of applicants try for it. I have worked with several pharmacists that went to UConn's Pharmacy program and they were all fantastic phamacists.