Anyone Know of this Study?

Started by TUGM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TUGM

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was discussing some cases with a senior resident, and he mentioned that there was study done where a subgroup analysis compared outcomes based on background training for neurointerventionalists. Apparently this study suggested that neurology-trained interventionalists have worse outcomes and more complications...

Anyone know of this study? Just curious to see.

What observations have you all made regarding this topic?
 
Never seen that. Also, very difficult to analyze without massive confounding/bias. There are some super shady NIR "studies" out there that honestly I don't understand how they got through peer review, and I'd want to make sure it didn't appear in the Journal of Geology, Natural Disasters, and Neurovascular Care.

Observations on this topic is why people end up saying things like your senior resident. I've seen neurosurgeons with 20+ years of experience who are downright scary in the cath lab, and second year attendings from a neurology track that I'd let angio my 3 year-old son. Who cares? Answer: only people with a vested interest in the answer.