Anyone know where I can check out what are tested on OAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I might take couple english courses to brush up my writing skill if OAT has the writing component. Where can I go to check out what will be tested on OAT?
 
Smooth Operater said:
Hello! I might take couple english courses to brush up my writing skill if OAT has the writing component. Where can I go to check out what will be tested on OAT?


just from the top of my head, you should have these basic classes before you even speak about the OAT:
orgo
gen chem
bio
physics
micro
(1 whole year plus labs)
algebra, trig, geometry
A&P, genetics and biochem (wont hurt having after you're done with the oat)
good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tony. said:
just from the top of my head, you should have these basic classes before you even speak about the OAT:
orgo
gen chem
bio
physics
micro
(1 whole year plus labs)
algebra, trig, geometry
A&P, genetics and biochem (wont hurt having after you're done with the oat)
good luck


You probably won't need a whole year of micro plus labs...I didn't and got 350 in biology
 
Smooth Operater said:
Hello! I might take couple english courses to brush up my writing skill if OAT has the writing component. Where can I go to check out what will be tested on OAT?

unless they've changed it.. the OAT has no writing component.
 
stompy said:
You probably won't need a whole year of micro plus labs...I didn't and got 350 in biology


yeah, sorry, micro you only need 1/2 yr.
same with calculus ( not for the oat; mainly before you begin opt. school)