Anyone on Ohio Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FishHick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone is on the Ohio waitlist. If so did you receive any information about it? I was told at the end of February I would get a letter in 10 days about my status, and havent received one. I emailed them 5 days ago and havent gotten a response.

Also does anyone know the chances of getting in from their watilist?

Thanks for any info you can give me.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi FishHick -- Did you try e-mailing Taira Crockett in admissions? She is a bit curt but usually replied to my e-mails relatively promptly.

I emailed Gregory Graham. He is the one that emailed me about the letter. How long should I wait until I contact them again? I dont want to be a pest, but I also dont want to be missing information I should have.:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi FishHick --
I'd suggest e-mailing Taira. Her address is [email protected]. She is in student affairs and the person I contacted with questions about my application. If you don't hear, try calling. Don't worry about being a pest. This is important stuff.

I received my letter today. I am #32. It does not say how many are on the list. Anyone know my chances?:luck:

Thanks!

Hi fishick...I too am on the alternate list at Ohio State. I am number 1 for WV contract alternates. I was talking with my old advisor who is the chair of the division of animal sciences and he said that my chances of getting in are around 90 percent. Last year, OSU didn't even fill all of their contract seats for WV residents, which means they lost alot of contract money. I think that both of our chances are very good. Good luck!

Thats great alldolledup! Good luck to you and thanks for the info!

So I'm sure the answer to my question is posted somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I also searched their website and couldn't find it. So my question is: does Ohio send more acceptances than they have seats...or how many people usually get in off the waitlist? I feel like I am pretty far down and I am just trying to get an idea of where I actually have a chance...:(

I was told they offered 60 acceptances to fill the 38 seats and that they usually go pretty far down the OOS list; however, I have no idea how long that list is.

Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for!