Anyone on the UoP wait list yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlewis09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still hoping to get an interview here but am worried that they are already starting to fill out the waiting list. Anyone know if the class has been filled/if UoP is still doing interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I am still hoping to get an interview here but am worried that they are already starting to fill out the waiting list. Anyone know if the class has been filled/if UoP is still doing interviews?

I got a phone call last year on Jan 16th (yes still remember the date,) I was given 3 dates for my interview. Feb 2nd for a seat, Feb 17ths for maybe a seat, and March 5th for a waitlist interview. So there is still a bit of time before they interview for waitlists. Plus a good number of students get in off the off the waitlist so you're in good shape. The admission director told me last year they usually take about 10-15 waitlisters each year. Good luck hearing back!!

thanks so much that is such a relief to hear! did you get in? my stats are actually almost identical to yours

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a phone call last year on Jan 16th (yes still remember the date,) I was given 3 dates for my interview. Feb 2nd for a seat, Feb 17ths for maybe a seat, and March 5th for a waitlist interview. So there is still a bit of time before they interview for waitlists. Plus a good number of students get in off the off the waitlist so you're in good shape. The admission director told me last year they usually take about 10-15 waitlisters each year. Good luck hearing back!!
So why didn't you pick one of the earlier dates then?

So why didn't you pick one of the earlier dates then?

Here is what happened last year. So I was oversea in Asia for a month during the winter, and right after I returned back to the U.S., of course I was pretty heavily jet lagged for the most part. So ya, the 2nd day I was back in the country, I slept during the day.

When I finally got up around 8 P.M., I went out to grab some food. Ok first of all, I was only going to stay in the bay for 2 days before driving down to San Diego. 2nd of all, my cell phone does NOT have any reception in my neighborhood up in the bay area. By the time I drove 2 blocks away from my house, I received a voice mail from Pacific. It says I have till 5 o'clock on that day to get back to them. So ya, I missed the time frame but still I called back immediately and left a message asking for the earliest date if not the 2nd date is fine too.

Then the next morning, Pacific called me back saying unfortunately my spots for those 2 dates were given away to someone else because I did not call the school back on-time. So that's what happened with me last year.

I mean...seriously, what are the chances? Pacific called me during the 2 days where I am back up in the bay area and I have NO internet connection (canceled it cause no one really lives there anymore) and phone service. That to me was just my fate. Someone up there REALLY want me to take another year off I guess:laugh: Hey look at me now, made the waitlist last year and got in this year without an interview. It was a HUGE UGE monkey off my back. This whole time I am just soooo worried that I am not gonna get accepted. Now I BELIEVE