anyone rejected from Columbia without interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crashblades

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email saying my app might still be considered... Anyone know columbia's trend? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Also got this e-mail..wondering the same thing

Members don't see this ad :)
columbia's one of those "nice" schools that reject people later on in the cycle.

Well, I didn't get an interview there yet, but this is what I got from Columbia today:

December 3, 2012

Dear Mr. XXX

Your application is awaiting the committee's review and may still be considered.

Sincerely,

Admissions Office

me too.. I was confused to what it means as well.

me too.. i guess its given out to most people until late in the cycle?

I speculate they just sifted through the application pool for people with high numbers for pre-Dec and to everyone else, they send this email.

Weird.. I didn't get an email from them. Haven't interviewed yet.

They sent this email last year too. Don't overthink it-- it just means they're still considering your application, and I think it's sent to everyone that isn't already accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

On the plus side, Columbia gives out quite a few post-Dec. interviews/acceptances.

I got the same thing. So, have they reviewed our app at all? Because this email implies they haven't even gotten to it "is awaiting the committee's review"...

OR have they already reviewed our app and this is a way of saying we're not yet rejected but they are holding out for possibly better applicants?

Thanks guys! and good luck!

Last edited: