Anyone schedule their Temple interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Utes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been calling but the phone just rings and rings. I figure they must be at lunch or something. Does anyone know when the earliest date that they're starting is? Any days filled up yet?

Thanks!
Utes

Members don't see this ad.

Utes said:
I've been calling but the phone just rings and rings. I figure they must be at lunch or something. Does anyone know when the earliest date that they're starting is? Any days filled up yet?

Thanks!
Utes

I got ahold of someone and they start Sept 13 for those that are interested.

Utes

Utes said:
I got ahold of someone and they start Sept 13 for those that are interested.

Utes

Very cool. Thanks for the info...I guess I should call them soon. :) Did they say that any days were already filled? Probably not..

Members don't see this ad :)
jaerob said:
Very cool. Thanks for the info...I guess I should call them soon. :) Did they say that any days were already filled? Probably not..

I scheduled mine for September 16th, as not to miss any class. When I asked what was available they said any day was still available.

GOOD LUCK!

however, I still have not recieved the e-mail confirmation from Terry Griffin

Mich, when did AADSAS send out your application? Just seeing when I can expect a possible interview with Temple. Thanks.

I'm going on September 30th. I was lucky and have Penn the day before, so I only have to pay for one trip to Philadelphia. I'm so nervous about getting around in a big city by subway and taxi's. I've never done that before being from the midwest!!! We drive everywhere here.

etan4 said:
Mich, when did AADSAS send out your application? Just seeing when I can expect a possible interview with Temple. Thanks.

i would like to know the answer to this question as well.

How was everyone contacted? Phone, email, or regular mail?

my app was sent July 13th.......i recieved an interview invite in a post-marked letter along with an information packet about temple dental school...hope this info helps!

Temple does invites via real mail with big envelope packets. When I called on Monday all of the days were still open starting with the 13th.

i scheduled mine for the 16th! :D

Did you need to pay the $30 secondary app fee first, or did they say something in the packet about paying it when you were notified?

I scheduled my interview today during my fall break in October. I'm hoping this isn't too late in the game, but my professors haven't written me back so I know when my test dates are this semester. I figure I can always change it if it is too late.

Also, a few dates were full when I called... including the first day and the first friday (sept 16) that some on here had signed up for.

To answer the question above, the letter offered an interview invite and also asked for the fee (at least that's the way my letter was). It did say that most applicants are invited to interview after the receipt of the application fee though.

Did anyone reciece a response back from Terry Griffin....i haven't, and when I called to set up my interview they didn't give me a time? I was thinking that's what the e-mail to Ms. Griffin would do!

Thanks!

Mich212 said:
Did anyone reciece a response back from Terry Griffin....i haven't, and when I called to set up my interview they didn't give me a time? I was thinking that's what the e-mail to Ms. Griffin would do!

Thanks!

Actually, Temple's interview process is a little different from a lot of schools in that you get a group presentation, tour and lunch, and then split up into interviews. So, you don't get an individual time because you'll be there most of that day, from 9 to about 2:30 or 3.

Also, they're real strict on not sending your application fee in before you get the request. Figure it'll be about 6 weeks from when you send your application to AADSAS to when Temple gets it, and then another week or two for you to get the request. If they get your fee early they have to send it back and it ends up taking much longer.

Also, getting from Penn to Temple is easy, it's two subways ($2.00 gets you from A to B, $2.60 gets you two tokens for round trip). From Penn, take the Market-Frankford line (located on Market street) east towards Center City and get off at City Hall. There's free interchange onto the Orange Line (Broad Street Line) and you want to go north on the local until you get to Allegheny. On the corner where you get off there's a big building, a MickyD's, a corner store, and a church. Take a wild guess. From Temple Dental, take the Broad Street Line South (opposite side of the streeet) to City Hall, get the free interchange onto the Market-Frankford Line West, and get off at Thirty...4th?...8th? Something like that.

I got my confirmation from Temple yesterday evening. They have a little application to complete and bring with to the interview. I can tell this is on my mind... I had a dream about being late for the Temple interview last night and not having a business suit on because I was so rushed...

I got the confirmation too!