You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone seen Ken Burns’ “Mayo Clinic” on Netflix
Started by caligas
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Added to "My List" but it may have to wait behind "Homecoming" 😉
Homecoming is amazing!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted500612
It's a good watch. Especially loved the historical aspect with regards to the origins of the Mayo Clinic and how medicine was practiced in that era. Could have done without the cheesy patient testimonials though imo; sort of turned what was otherwise a great documentary into an infomercial at times.
I thought it was outstanding. I didn't mind the patient testimonials as much, but I definitely found myself more interested in the historical bits. Now I just have to get back to finishing his 15-hour baseball documentary.
I thought it was outstanding. I didn't mind the patient testimonials as much, but I definitely found myself more interested in the historical bits. Now I just have to get back to finishing his 15-hour baseball documentary.
Are you sure it’s a documentary and just not a baseball game?
I see what you did thereAre you sure it’s a documentary and just not a baseball game?
Hot take: Cricket > Baseball
I see what you did there
Hot take: Cricket > Baseball
I wish I understood cricket — tried watching it and I feel like an alien trying to understand ballet.
I wish I understood cricket — tried watching it and I feel like an alien trying to understand ballet.
Same when I went for my first baseball game [emoji23]
Same when I went for my first baseball game [emoji23]
Is there like a tutorial I could watch? It seems fun and there’s hookers, I’d love to get into it.
it's very easy actuallyI wish I understood cricket — tried watching it and I feel like an alien trying to understand ballet.
Overs = At bat, of which you get 6 bowls (pitches)
Wickets = Outs. To get a wicket the "outfield" either catches at hit ball on the fly or the bowler hits the three sticks behind the batter
Scoring
1 - hit the wall (in any way) = 4
2 - "homerun" = 6
3 - put the ball in play and runners run back and forth and each time the cross it's 1 pt. If the ball is in play and they throw the ball back to the "Plate" before runner crosses = wicket, therefor "out"
Also, you bat until you get out on a wicket so some batters can score over 100 runs in an at bat
My favorite rule: "Leg before Wicket": basically, if the batter is blocking "the sticks" during a bowl thereby preventing the bowler from hitting the wickets. If they call it it's a wicket, therefore out
Depending on the match, the urban legend is true that it can last for days and they do actually take "tea breaks" and "lunch breaks". There are some matches call T20, which means they play 20 overs on each side and the side with the most runs obviously wins. it's much shorter (like 3 hrs) than "Test" cricket
Seriously, I was hooked after one trip to London but it's also big (and more exciting) in the Caribbean
D
deleted162650
it's very easy actually
Overs = At bat, of which you get 6 bowls (pitches)
Wickets = Outs. To get a wicket the "outfield" either catches at hit ball on the fly or the bowler hits the three sticks behind the batter
Scoring
1 - hit the wall (in any way) = 4
2 - "homerun" = 6
3 - put the ball in play and runners run back and forth and each time the cross it's 1 pt. If the ball is in play and they throw the ball back to the "Plate" before runner crosses = wicket, therefor "out"
Also, you bat until you get out on a wicket so some batters can score over 100 runs in an at bat
My favorite rule: "Leg before Wicket": basically, if the batter is blocking "the sticks" during a bowl thereby preventing the bowler from hitting the wickets. If they call it it's a wicket, therefore out
Depending on the match, the urban legend is true that it can last for days and they do actually take "tea breaks" and "lunch breaks". There are some matches call T20, which means they play 20 overs on each side and the side with the most runs obviously wins. it's much shorter (like 3 hrs) than "Test" cricket
Seriously, I was hooked after one trip to London but it's also big (and more exciting) in the Caribbean
You lost me at “Overs”
Don’t get me wrong. Both are technically boring as hell. But cricket has way more “action” and I’d rather see 150 run match versus a 1-0 pitchers duelYou lost me at “Overs”
Cricket is a gentleman sport of sorts, multiday too. People can sit picnic style and watch. Different style than baseball for sure
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
felt like a documentary-styled advertisement
D
deleted162650
Similar threads
- Replies
- 44
- Views
- 3K