CuttinEmUp

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
424
0
Status
Im like a nervous nut case still waiting for two more letters to be uploaded to interfolio.

Although I have been sending back any secondaries i receive...i wont be complete and ready for review till i get those friggin' letters!!

this entire process is so trying, isnt it? :mad:
 

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
3,015
11
35
NYC
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I'm only waiting on my DO letter of rec now. But I went ahead and got the other letters sent out already and I will just have the DO letter sent when it is in.
 
About the Ads

CuttinEmUp

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
424
0
Status
Doc Martins said:
still waiting..... I'm convinced I have the least dependable letter writers out there.


I doubt it. One of the letters I'm waiting for I requested from her back in the middle of May. I have been to her office several times...bought them all coffee and bagels, desserts and muffins.

Its like im having to kiss azz and bug these people incessantly to hurry and finish these stupid letters and SEND THEM!!!!!!
 

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
3,015
11
35
NYC
Status
  1. Attending Physician
CuttinEmUp said:
I doubt it. One of the letters I'm waiting for I requested from her back in the middle of May. I have been to her office several times...bought them all coffee and bagels, desserts and muffins.

Its like im having to kiss azz and bug these people incessantly to hurry and finish these stupid letters and SEND THEM!!!!!!


I would do the same thing as they're doing. I'd keep holding the finished letters untill I was sure that I wasn't going to get any more stuff. So my advice, stop bringing them lunch and they will have no incentive not to turn in your letters :laugh: .
 

CuttinEmUp

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
424
0
Status
DRKUBA said:
I would do the same thing as they're doing. I'd keep holding the finished letters untill I was sure that I wasn't going to get any more stuff. So my advice, stop bringing them lunch and they will have no incentive not to turn in your letters :laugh: .


hahaha....that would be pretty pathetic if she ("she" by the way is a D.O.) was so hard up that she wouldnt turn in my letter just to get a few dollars worth of breakfast sweets. LOL
 

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
3,015
11
35
NYC
Status
  1. Attending Physician
CuttinEmUp said:
hahaha....that would be pretty pathetic if she ("she" by the way is a D.O.) was so hard up that she wouldnt turn in my letter just to get a few dollars worth of breakfast sweets. LOL


I duno, they don't pay those DO's much. Is that a real doctor?
 

CuttinEmUp

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
424
0
Status
DRKUBA said:
I duno, they don't pay those DO's much. Is that a real doctor?

DO's, Chiropracters, ehhh..all quacks !!

everyone knows that only MD's count.
 

ruck

Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
176
0
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
do you guys think we can send in our LORs from 2006 application cycle from about 10 months ago is that outdated? cuz that would speed things up
 

scpod

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
3,241
130
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Doc Martins said:
still waiting..... I'm convinced I have the least dependable letter writers out there.

You're not the only one that has problems. I didn't know about Interfolio when I applied, so I had several professors sending out letters to a couple of schools each. Believe it or not, there are three letters that NEVER made it from the time I requested them in June of 2005 until now. Fortunately, they didn't come into play because I got into some schools anyway. Still, you would probably never think that the professors I asked would take soooooo long for such a simple task. I gave them envelopes that were already stamped and addressed, copies of my tanscript, notes from the classes they taught me, and a resume of my last few years. The only thing I didn't do was write the letters myself and simply ask them to sign them. Don't laugh, though, because I know people who have had to do that to get an LOR. This is probably the one thing, I think, more than any other that tends to hold up applications. :scared: :luck:
 
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads