Anyone still waiting for LOR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im like a nervous nut case still waiting for two more letters to be uploaded to interfolio.

Although I have been sending back any secondaries i receive...i wont be complete and ready for review till i get those friggin' letters!!

this entire process is so trying, isnt it? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

still waiting..... I'm convinced I have the least dependable letter writers out there.

I'm only waiting on my DO letter of rec now. But I went ahead and got the other letters sent out already and I will just have the DO letter sent when it is in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc Martins said:
still waiting..... I'm convinced I have the least dependable letter writers out there.

I doubt it. One of the letters I'm waiting for I requested from her back in the middle of May. I have been to her office several times...bought them all coffee and bagels, desserts and muffins.

Its like im having to kiss azz and bug these people incessantly to hurry and finish these stupid letters and SEND THEM!!!!!!

CuttinEmUp said:
I doubt it. One of the letters I'm waiting for I requested from her back in the middle of May. I have been to her office several times...bought them all coffee and bagels, desserts and muffins.

Its like im having to kiss azz and bug these people incessantly to hurry and finish these stupid letters and SEND THEM!!!!!!

I would do the same thing as they're doing. I'd keep holding the finished letters untill I was sure that I wasn't going to get any more stuff. So my advice, stop bringing them lunch and they will have no incentive not to turn in your letters :laugh: .

DRKUBA said:
I would do the same thing as they're doing. I'd keep holding the finished letters untill I was sure that I wasn't going to get any more stuff. So my advice, stop bringing them lunch and they will have no incentive not to turn in your letters :laugh: .

hahaha....that would be pretty pathetic if she ("she" by the way is a D.O.) was so hard up that she wouldnt turn in my letter just to get a few dollars worth of breakfast sweets. LOL

CuttinEmUp said:
hahaha....that would be pretty pathetic if she ("she" by the way is a D.O.) was so hard up that she wouldnt turn in my letter just to get a few dollars worth of breakfast sweets. LOL

I duno, they don't pay those DO's much. Is that a real doctor?

DRKUBA said:

DO's, Chiropracters, ehhh..all quacks !!

everyone knows that only MD's count.

DRKUBA said:

What does D.O. stand for anyway?? :laugh: :laugh:

do you guys think we can send in our LORs from 2006 application cycle from about 10 months ago is that outdated? cuz that would speed things up

Doc Martins said:

You're not the only one that has problems. I didn't know about Interfolio when I applied, so I had several professors sending out letters to a couple of schools each. Believe it or not, there are three letters that NEVER made it from the time I requested them in June of 2005 until now. Fortunately, they didn't come into play because I got into some schools anyway. Still, you would probably never think that the professors I asked would take soooooo long for such a simple task. I gave them envelopes that were already stamped and addressed, copies of my tanscript, notes from the classes they taught me, and a resume of my last few years. The only thing I didn't do was write the letters myself and simply ask them to sign them. Don't laugh, though, because I know people who have had to do that to get an LOR. This is probably the one thing, I think, more than any other that tends to hold up applications. :scared: :luck: