Anyone submitted secondary for Baylor University?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 6-8 Weeks, Jul 29, 2001.

1. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member

Anyone got the thumbs up from baylor to submit the secondary? I send in a paper copy of AMCAS awhile ago but have not recieved word.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

I say just do it. I had found the secondary online a long time ago (July 11 or something, I think) and submitted it for the heck of it because the computer let it go through so I figured it wouldn't hurt. I recently got an e-mail saying they had received everything (rec letters, AMCAS, online stuff).

4. MiamiMarmot

MiamiMarmot Senior Member

I submitted Baylor as well. I loved the secondary because the questions were so straight forward. Unlike some other schools, *ahem* UChicago.

5. pillbug

pillbug Senior Member

I also just submitted the Baylor secondary. On the email I recieved from them they said to send in a copy of the primary, copy of MCAT scores and forward recs. Then it said to complete the online app, but it didn't say to wait for them to contact you.

Grasshopper (or anyone else who has heard), I was just wondering how long after you mailed in your info and submitted the online app did you recieve the email from Baylor?

6. applicant2002

applicant2002 Senior Member

i submitted the baylor secondary. bcm has instituted an "alternative pathway": i.e. send in a copy of your AMCAS application, copy of MCAT scores, and rec. letters and they will start processing it. If you are applying to bcm, you should have received an email from the admissions office stating this. hope this helps.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

Because I did mine before they even told us we could (I happened by it online before anybody else was sending out secondaries), I e-mailed the Melody person whose name they give to make sure my app was complete after they asked for AMCAS and stuff. She said, "nope, we don't have your online part." Which was weird since I had submitted that first, but apparently it was too early (July 11, I think) and didn't get matched up with my app. So I went and pushed the button again and got a form e-mail the next day (last Friday) saying all 3 componenets (recs, AMCAS, supplem.) were complete. Hope that helps. The Melody lady seemed helpful, so you could just e-mail and ask.