1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anyone taken prereqs at the Integrated Science Program in Whittier, CA?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DrH2O, Aug 18, 2015.

1. DrH2O

Pre-Medical
    The Southern California University of Health Sciences has an integrated science program that allows you to take prereq courses in 4 weeks on weekends so it's pretty tempting (and expensive :(). They state that they are accredited by WASC, but I'm not sure if the school will be a problem when applying. Anyone taken classes here or heard anything about them?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cbarn005

Pre-Medical
    Did you ever hear anything about this program? I am planning on attending in July.

4. cbarn005

Pre-Medical
    DO not apply to this program. I called numerous medical schools, and they said that prerequisites from a jc or 4 year university are much more reputable and competitive.

5. exacto

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You take pre req science courses in 4 weeks and only on weekedns???? holy ****, that will either be hell on earth or a joke of class and not help with actual learning. I can see if you are retaking a course, but if you are learning it for the first time, you are gonna be screwed if you cant comprehend a topic. Orgo and Biochem will be intense, phsyics and chem will be tough and psych and bio will be doable, or at least these are my thoughts...unless its a joke of a class...

6. DoctorCupcake

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I took classes here, and the classes were intense (every Saturday and Sunday from ~8am to ~6pm). But, these classes only highlight the important topics and don't really delve into the material like a regular length class would. If you're sincerely pressed for time but have the cash to blow, go for it. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend taking regular courses.

7. darkeon

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'd say these programs (it's probably the only one of its type) are best suited for those who just need to get pre-reqs for other allied health careers. I just can't see this being helpful for MCAT prep as you have no time to solidify a foundation in these basic sciences.