Anyone taking DAT soon for this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrono

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep pushing it back, and now it's october. I submitted everything in August. I am retaking the DAT. I find that I forget stuff as time goes by (chems mainly) so I study them more - it's a vicious cycle. It feels like you can never feel "ready" for this exam. I'm going to hit it harder and take it by the end of the month.

Anyone else taking it soon? Advice?..

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i just took mine today and i applied for this cycle. it was my second time too and studying for the DAT while in school is not the business. i improved just by 1 for both my ts and aa score. i really only spent about 3 weeks studying hard core for the exam. big mistake. and next time if there is one, definitely going to study when i'm not in school.

the first time i took it, i had the time to do crack dat pat and this time, i didn't even do a whole test before i took the exam today. and i dropped 1 from my previous pat score.

definitely watch chad's videos. i suck at chemistry and i improved by 2 points in gen chem. if i had more time to study rather than cramming it all in in a week for gen chem, i probably wouldve done a whole lot better if i watched the videos way back. he's really great at explaining things. i didn't have the chance to watch his o chem videos but i bet they're just as good.

definitely go over the questions from the practice dat exam that's on the ada website. there were like 3-4 questions that showed up that was the same, word per word. and do look for the subject breakdown and see how much questions are put for each topic so you know where to focus more.

i like the book that someone had suggested for math, which was barron's sat math workbook. those specific type of questions they put in that book for review DID show up on the test. and the book helped a lot.

cliff's ap bio was a great source that i used. cause the kaplan book i had didn't go into depth in certain things that were important.

i can't think of any more advice at the moment cause i'm still a bit burnt out from today's test. lol. but i hope this helps :)

I was scheduled to take it October 17th, but I decided to reschedule because I still feel very unprepared. I have three more weeks till the new date. I am basically using everything that was mentioned above and I pray that I will get the score that I want for admission to dental school. I will keep you (Chrono), and everybody else in prayer who is taking this test. We can make it, guys. Believe in yourself and don't lose heart. If this is your dream, go hard for it no matter what anyone says.:luck:

Last edited: