anyone taking kaplan right now?

scvcstar

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the Kaplan classroom course right now and was wondering if anyone is either taking the classroom or online course right now...

because when I go to my online syllabus, I can't find Physics ANYWHERE! Under Physics 1, it has a ton of Quantitative Reasoning stuff. Under Physics 2, it has Reading Comprehension stuff. All the other sections are correct, I think. But I can't find physics anywhere, no matter what I sort by, etc. I emailed Tech Support twice and they were pretty unhelpful (all they said was "You indeed have no sections for physics") and said to call during daytime hours. So I called twice and the first time tech support had already gone home, so I called today and got put on hold for 15 minutes which is a pretty big hit to my cellphone daytime minutes. I finally hung up to avoid wasting anymore minutes.

So is anyone else having the same problem, or is everyone else's online syllabus perfect? A guy in my OAT class (which only has 3 people including me) said he can't find physics either...so I'm wondering if it's just us two or if everyone in the country taking Kaplan OAT is having the same problem right now.

I have other problems with the online course, sometimes it doesn't let me mark something as complete either, like I finished a gen. chem quiz yesterday and got the score and everything, but it didn't check itself off. I'm not too concerned with that, but I need my physics!!...that's my weakest subject, and ironically it's not showing up in my syllabus. =P

Members don't see this ad.

Hey
i am suprised that kaplan is replying to your calls and emails that way. I guess you could ask your kaplan teacher or go to your local kaplan center and talk to them one on one and tell them to fix it right away otherwise u want your money back. I remember when i was taking kaplan last summer i did have the physics section part in mine and it was very helpful. The other problem with with assignments not being checked off when done, i think i had the same problem as you, may be there online course works that way.

Neways, i hope this helps, keep us updated

Thanks =) Yeah Kaplan is usually pretty cool, at least they respond to emails within a day and pick up phone calls pretty quickly (despite being put on hold afterwards). I emailed them again after I hung up the phone to explain that I couldn't waste my cellphone minutes, and they responded saying that it's affecting everyone in the class and the developer will have it fixed by may 3rd. that's a while from now but i guess it must be either a pretty low-priority problem or a really hard problem to fix.

My checkboxes work now...turns out I just had to take the quiz again (ironically getting the same score as I did the first time =P) and it checked it.

The online thing is pretty cool when it works the way it's supposed to. =D