Anyone that was waitlisted been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth Man To Be

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been accepted after being put on the waitlist in Dec. If so where?
I still hve my fingers crossed.:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone has been accepted after being put on the waitlist in Dec. If so where?
I still hve my fingers crossed.:scared:

if you've been put on the waitlist for this year there is definitely still hope but i don't think you would find out until closer to the start of school i.e. may/june/july...i know the wait is terrible

I am on the waitlist of UMDNJ and I am going nuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm on waitlist too. it really depends on the person, school, and situation. i've heard people getting off waitlist and i've heard others who were never notified of an acceptances. so let's just hope we all get in.

I was on 2 alternate lists last year...at one school they gave me a student number and had me apply for financial aid like I was already going to be accepted.. needless to say I was disappointed when I didn't end up getting in either school but I know it can happen !
A guy I used to work with was an alternate at Indiana and they called him out of the blue one day over the summer to tell him he had been accepted. He was shocked. He said he had basically given up for that year and was already thinking about the next year's cycle.
Anyway, good luck I hope you get it Tooth Man To Be ....:luck:

I'm waitlisted too...at 3 schools...hopefully round two will bring good news, right?:D

is "on hold for comparison" the same a s waitlist?

I was on 2 alternate lists last year...at one school they gave me a student number and had me apply for financial aid like I was already going to be accepted.. needless to say I was disappointed when I didn't end up getting in either school but I know it can happen !
A guy I used to work with was an alternate at Indiana and they called him out of the blue one day over the summer to tell him he had been accepted. He was shocked. He said he had basically given up for that year and was already thinking about the next year's cycle.
Anyway, good luck I hope you get it Tooth Man To Be ....:luck:

That doesn't sound fun. I hope that they call me out of the blue this week sometime. Thanks for the encouragement.

Someone explain to me - what exactly is the difference between an alternate list and a waiting list?

Someone explain to me - what exactly is the difference between an alternate list and a waiting list?

waiting list is for the special people, & the alternate list is for the special people after the special people for the waiting list, JUST KIDDING, there's no difference, they're the same thing, or basically, "synonyms" of one another :)

waiting list is for the special people, & the alternate list is for the special people after the special people for the waiting list, JUST KIDDING, there's no difference, they're the same thing, or basically, "synonyms" of one another :)

Well actually at NOVA thay have both a waiting list and an alternate list....and apparently it is better to be on the waiting list...but thats just at NOVA, i think some schools waiting and alternate lists are the same :)