anyone transfer into Tulane?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Bevo, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I put my application in and its finally complete. Wondering if anyone has and could tell me when you were notified about any decision. When I asked over the phone I got a don't call us, we'll call you reply. :eek: and didn't say much to as to a time table or anything else.

Oh and if anyone knows how many were able to transfer in last, if any at all

2. Daiphon

Daiphon Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    Physician SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i didn't transfer myself, but one of my classmates had been accepted for transfer last summer (currently msiii's), and 3 days before the beginning of tulane's academic year, they called and said "sorry, but we've reconsidered and don't want you in our school." so yeah, they will call you... but they might call twice.

-t

3. peptidoglycan

peptidoglycan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    There were 3 transfer students into the class of 2005 at the beginning of 2nd year and 3 more at the beginning of 3rd year. Of the transfers into the 2nd year class, 2 were from offshore and one from within the states, and into the 3rd year class, 1 was from offshore, 1 an American from a school in another country, and 1 from within the states.
    I don't know about the class of 2006.

4. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    they can withdraw an acceptance like that? that would seriously screw with me if they did.

thanks for the replies.
    Hoping something happens this summer. Will be in the last part of my 2nd year here. But wouldn't mind having to repeat 2nd year at Tulane if it ment getting in. Would really mind if they told me that I got in, I withdraw from Ross and then find out my acceptance has been withdrawn. :eek:

5. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

u can also apply to USC-Keck, they usually have 18-20 spots avail for transfer into 3rd yr

goodluck!

6. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    was applying to apply for transfer I took step 1 too. But Tulane accepts foreign students without step 1 into 2nd year.

Every other school requires that the foreign student take step 1 first.

7. bc_tch

bc_tch Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

really?? I thought Tulane has an admissions policy that strongly prefer US citizens. in fact i thought I saw somewhere to the effect that "because of national priority most students accepted must be US citizen"..you sure you didnt mean to say 'students studying in a foreign country'? I don't know maybe their policy for transfers is different eh

8. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am an american citizen. Just going to a foreign med school. USIMG I guess is the correct term for what I am and many others are here.

students studying in a foreign country is correct too.

<--Texan and a SPURS fan :D