Anyone use Rocketbooks for their rounds/notes/practice

Started by quickpsych
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

quickpsych

Clinical Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So apparently the company I do my day job for shared they're giving everyone some kind of reusable notebook called RocketBook. They framed it as part of employee appreciation month. At first I pictured some kind of like writable digital kindle where you can swipe through pages and use a touchscreen and special pen...then someone I know pulled theirs out of a pile of books. It's just a notebook with these kind of whiteboard like material pages you use a special dry erase pen on then you can use an app to scan the "pages" into an app? And when the pages are full you wash them with some water and a cloth and when the pen runs out you have to buy new special pens.

I asked around and they said they piloted this with some providers who "loved them" but I'm struggling to see the use case for them as they aren't digital, and there's no way to "connect" them to the EHR . For context , most of us work in healthcare related residential or nursing facilities. I thought maybe could be useful for making lists of rounds and then erasing them when not needed but then couldn't I just use a little notebook split into sections then when no more room for lists/short notes (as all notes go in EHR not on paper) just shred/destroy it?

Apparently there IS a kindle like device called Remarkable that does act like a writable kindle and is EHR integrated , but looked up Rocketbook vs Remarkable and one is $32 and one is $600 , so i see now...

I initially joked better than a mug or pen, but now I'm wondering if I would have preferred the mug lol. I can appreciate the allure of a reusable pages notebook for personal use, but not for professional use.

But jokes aside, am I just being a Debbie downer on this notebook or do any of you use it well in your workflow?
 
Last edited:
My job got some for us a few years ago. I used mine for about a year but the transcription benefits were lost on me because it couldn't read my handwriting lol. I'm back to a regular notebook and pen.
 
My job got some for us a few years ago. I used mine for about a year but the transcription benefits were lost on me because it couldn't read my handwriting lol. I'm back to a regular notebook and pen.
Thanks for the reply, and isn't that the truth. Messy handwriting seems to be a feature for most of us lol. I recently heard the company discontinued all it's products anyways, but I am exploring the reMarkable paper tablet which appears to be actual digital and like a Kindle for writing but it's like 12x more cost wise. I'm sticking with notebook and pen for now as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1773152070414.png
 
Last edited:
I tried this a few years ago. I think it is a great idea. I was hoping that it could accurately take my handwriting and convert it into text. The accuracy was terrible, at least back then, so I dumped it.