Anyone used AMCAS' online MCAT tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green912

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at buying tests III-VI and noticed the available online option for $80. The demo looked pretty good. Has anyone had any experience with using the online versions?

Members don't see this ad.

I liked the online version. however, I tried to print out them and the tests' layouts did not looks anything like the real thing. So it kind of throughs me off.

G912,

I just took the April MCAT and I would say the AAMC III-VI test are a good investment. They are closer to the real thing than any of the commercial tests available out there. Sure, the format is a little different, but no test is exactly the same as the real thing. Also, from what I can discern from different posts on SDN, AAMC IV-VI give you the closest approximation of how well you'll do on the real exam date. Plus, the computer will break down your strength and weaknesses so you may concentrate your studies.

Good Luck and make sure your do tons of practice problems (almost more important than reviewing the science itself).

I bought AAMC V online for the April 2001 MCAT. I thought it was a really good test, but I don't know if it was worth the $40 I paid. Sounds like you're getting a better deal with four tests for $80. I'm sure it has changed since last year, but here's what I liked and didn't like.

Didn't like:
Couldn't print anything out

They only gave me access to the test for one month

Couldn't mark passages

Liked:
Post-test analysis of my strengths and weaknesses

That I could mark the questions I wasn't sure on (guess) so I could find them easily when checking solutions

The format where I could scroll the passage up and down without the questions also scrolling

Solutions right there with the questions so you don't have to keep going back and forth

Hope this helps! You studying for the August MCAT?