• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

brendang

aka the retina geek
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2003
Southern Louisiana
Visit site
Status
I'm from Toronto, Canada and am working on finishing up an elective here at U of T and have noticed many of the students here hauling this huge review text around the hospital... From what I understand, the Canadian students write the MCCQE shortly after graduating and that it is quite similar in content to the USMLE Step 2/3... Has anyone used this text to prepare for the MLE? I was really impressed with the layout and content and would consider using it in Kaplan's stead... Any opinions?

GrandmastA B

vertigo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
I think the Toronto Notes are a great resource for clerkship and as a reference for study but for the USMLE Step 2 it's just way too much detail for the test while not stressing the high yield material enough - something like Boards and Wards or Crush Step 2 is MUCH better for studying for Step 2. I only used my TO Notes sparingly for the Step 2. Also, some units may be different - notably glucose.

About the Ads