Anyone using step up to step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ms MD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using the book step-up to step 1? I know must people use 1st aid, but if you are using / have used step up, I was wondering what you all thought about it. Also, anyone annotate between both books?
Thanks in advance for your comments

Members don't see this ad.

I'm using it. I like that it has a little bit of embryo. It doesn't have the immuno, pharm, or micro chapters that FA has. But the system chapters are very good. It's not updated every year like FA either so I think the most recent addition is from 2007. I started an errata post about Step-up on here a few months ago that may help if you're using it. I also have FA 2008.

this book is wonderfully written. great diagrams, extadepth into some subjects. however it doesn't have the needed breadth that FA has to offer. If they made the book much bigger to cover all the material I think it would be a better book than FA. I would consider using it in addition to FA.

I actually found a ton of mistakes (not just typos but actual content mistakes) in this book. I'm actually pretty disappointed with it. I started using it for a while, and now I'm going to trash it because I don't want to risk learning the wrong information. Anyone else catch these mistakes as well?