Feb 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
I was waitlisted for CCO and wondering when people typically start hearing back and being taken off of the waitlist?
anyone else waitlisted or have experience with it?

Oct 28, 2018
I was waitlisted for CCO and wondering when people typically start hearing back and being taken off of the waitlist?
Hi, I am in the same boat as you! I was waitlisted this cycle for Berkeley. From what I know, I believe schools typically get back to the list around April or once they finish interviewing. I would definitely recommend reaching out to admissions for any questions. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!

Reactions: SR71BLK
Feb 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Yeah that’s what I’ve been hearing recently as well! Seems like such a long time. Letters of intent are always nice I’ve heard...
Thank you same to you!

Reactions: Optofash
Nov 6, 2018
Hi, I am in the same boat as you! I was waitlisted this cycle for Berkeley. From what I know, I believe schools typically get back to the list around April or once they finish interviewing. I would definitely recommend reaching out to admissions for any questions. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!
I was also waitlisted for Berkeley. Are you planning on going to Berkeley if you get off the waitlist?

LUC78

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Optometry
I got off of CCO's waitlist around May last cycle

Feb 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Wow that’s awesome! Okay was it after your spring grades were posted? Or was it just at a random time?

LUC78

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Optometry
Wow that’s awesome! Okay was it after your spring grades were posted? Or was it just at a random time?
It was before spring grades! In terms of updates, all I had sent them in the months after my interview was a letter of intent.

Feb 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Anyone get off the waitlist this cycle yet?
Good luck to everyone currently on the waitlist.

Mar 8, 2019
Status
Optometry Student
On March 25th they told me I had the No. 7 spot on the SCO waiting list, I was No. 8 the week before, so it seems to be slowly moving. What about you?

Mar 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Anybody know if PCOs waitlists is the same as the standby list?
hey the standby list is a list of people that would've gotten accepted but the school ran out of offers so we are waiting for those students to decide if its salus or another School. given that they choose another school, we get next preference. Im not sure what the waitlist means but im guessing its people who haven't gotten an interview yet.

Sep 21, 2018
hey the standby list is a list of people that would've gotten accepted but the school ran out of offers so we are waiting for those students to decide if its salus or another School. given that they choose another school, we get next preference. Im not sure what the waitlist means but im guessing its people who haven't gotten an interview yet.
Yeah I figured they were just 2 terms used interchangeably but meaning the same. I wonder how many of us are on standby at PCO

Reactions: lateralgeniculate
Mar 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Yeah I figured they were just 2 terms used interchangeably but meaning the same. I wonder how many of us are on standby at PCO
I am also on the standby list for PCO but only since 4/10. Also still waiting back to hear from UIWRSO, I was supposed to hear back yesterday and I'm getting anxious!

Feb 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hey! Any tips or advice on what to put in the letter of intent/ how it should look like? And did you mail it or email?
Hey! Yes I would definitely try to include what you’re currently doing to advance your experience or academics AND what you have done since your interview that’s optometry related. I would also talk about why you’d make a great addition to that school. & I’ve heard that emailing an attachment is sufficient enough..