Anyone waiting to hear from Nova?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lalala24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Who's waiting to hear from NOVA? Deposits were due yesterday so we should be getting a call or letter any day now right? I wonder if they call if you DON'T get in...

Good luck to all :) Keep everyone posted!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I got a call saying I got in, but there is no more room as of yet.

so they called you and said you are in, but there's no more room? that doesn't make any sense

Members don't see this ad :)
When did they call you?? That doesn't make any sense to me either...

When did they call you?? That doesn't make any sense to me either...

They called me on Wednesday. So I'm guessing this means I'm waitlisted and if those who were accepted don't pay there deposit seats will open up and hopefully I can get in.

First you say they called you and they told you you got in...now you say that your waitlisted.

When did you interview? I remember them telling me at my interview that they were going to meet up Feb.22 (thursday) so i'm just confused at the whole situation.

I really hope they aren't full :(

Ok..I just called them and they told me I've been accepted but they are waiting on people to make their deposits first...I asked her if it was a waitlist and she said yes...she said alot of people are in my position (around 80). She also said that those people were ranked.

Gosh I hope I'm high up on that list...I wan't Nova so bad!

I got a message at home yesterday and called back today. I was accepted, but she wanted to know if I wanted the position right there on the phone. I said whoa lady, give me a second to breathe. Anyway, they are very full, but it seems they do have some "non-waitlisted" positions left. I more than likely will turn this one down.

I got a call yesterday, they told me I was accepted and asked if I was still interested. I said yes and they said they would send me something in the mail. I interviewed on Feb.8...

First you say they called you and they told you you got in...now you say that your waitlisted.

When did you interview? I remember them telling me at my interview that they were going to meet up Feb.22 (thursday) so i'm just confused at the whole situation.

I really hope they aren't full :(

I interviewed on Feb 1st. Yeah we're in the same position...I want to go there too.

does anyone know the difference between "alternate" and "wait-list" status?.. which one is it better to be included in?

okay, i called and am accepted. but they're waiting for others before me to send in deposits. that's doesn't make any sense. is anyone else in this situation?

okay, i called and am accepted. but they're waiting for others before me to send in deposits. that's doesn't make any sense. is anyone else in this situation?

That's the EXACT same thing they told me....I asked her if this was a waitlist and she said YES...I dont know why they would word it like that...they shouldve just said "ur on a waitlist".

I also talked to Su-Ann and she said "you're on the waitlist, NOT the alternate list, which is good"....not really sure what that means but whatever.

They told me all 105 seats were full and they're waiting for deposits.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst :)

u cant accept somebody and then say wait in line. that's not organized. i couldn't imagine what it would be like if i had no other schools to choose from. nova, you're *****s. if you get more deposits than expected (over 105), deal with it. it's either waitlist or accepted.

so being on the waitlist is different from being an alternate? what school has 2 types of lists? how in the world does that work out? i found out i was an alternate and figured it was their terminology for a waitlist. so being an alternate is worse than being waitlisted? that sucks!!

you guys need to slip them some money under the table that will bump you up. NOVA is all about the money!!!

just curious, does anyone have any info on the difference between nova's alternate list and their waitlist or what each list entails? alright, any info would be appreciated.