Anyone who applied to ICO last year...

Started by bd722
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bd722

ICO class of 2013!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I was just wondering who applied to ICO in the last year's cycle and heard really late from ICO after applying?

I applied about over 6-7 weeks (Aug. 26th) I still haven't heard from them! I am getting really worried because ppl who applied after me on this forum are already getting interviews.

I have a 370 TS 380 AA (all subscores over 350) and a decent GPA, experience working with an ophthalmologist and an optometrist, good ECs, etc. I called them three times in the past 3-4 weeks and they keep telling me "You should hear from us soon"...my application is complete and I have taken all the pre-reqs.

Do you guys know what might be going on or what they might be looking for?
 
Hey there! I am a current third year at ICO.... I saw your post in my search for another question so I figured I'd help you out. So I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet. If they said that they would contact you then they will. If you still don't hear from them in the coming couple weeks, I would call them again and just verify to make sure they have received all your application materials. In my case, I applied around the same time, and called in October and found out that my transcripts never made it to ICO. But really 6-8 weeks is a normal wait time. Plus, remember you are getting through the process fairly early in the game since its rolling admissions. Hope this helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I am just worried because I haven't received anything from them while people at least got emails saying they will have their files reviewed again in Feb. And what makes me so mad is that every time I call them, they keep telling me I will hear from them in "a few days"...they have been saying that for a few weeks now! and 8 weeks is a long time especially when people on this forum are hearing back from them within 3-4 weeks after turning in their app.