Anyone who has ever been to PA

Started by cunikki
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cunikki

SCCO 2009
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i decided to just book a room online through priceline and take my chances... ended up with hyatt regency philly at penns landing... does anyone know any thing about philly. is this at all close to PCO.. or close to a subway line that would get you to PCO?? how about from the airport to the hotel??? thanks for any info!
 
hey...i too am going to philly for an interview on the 5th..if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay on priceline for that hotel?...sorry i can't be more helpful as to the location i am researching all of that info too!
 
When I went to interview at PCO, I stayed at a hotel that was 10 minutes from the airport. The morning of my interview, I took the complementary hotel shuttle to the airport and hopped on the train that went to Jenkinstown. I was actually late for my interview even though I woke up at 5:00 in the morning. However, the admissions office at PCO understands and they are very nice about things. My admission counselor actually came to pick me up from the train station. To get from the airport to Jenkinstown takes about 45. After my interview and tour, my admission counselor drove me back out to the train station. PCO is a very nice school, and their clinic looks awesome. Good luck to those of you who will be interviewing there. The interview was very laid back. It was very personable. My interviewer and I were in a small room that had a cofee table in the middle. We just started chatting. The only advice that I can give you is to not be nervous and be honest. I hope this helps. Good Luck!!! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out the address of the place I had stayed at when I was in Philly.
Here it is.....

The Microtel Inn
8840 Tinicum Blvd.
Philidelphia, PA 19153
Tel: (215) 492-0700

It's actually a pretty decent place to stay. I paid about $70 a night. I only stayed there for 2 nights. As far as plane tickets go, I got mine off of HotWire.com. It was a decent price too. It was like $210 from St. Louis to Philly.
 
hey; yeah i ended up paying 46 a night plus taxes for 2 nights there; it should be pretty good; supposedly a 4star.... its right at penns landing; so anyone familiar with philly... is there a subway station to get from there to pco? from the subway/train in jenkinstown how far is it to the school??? thanks for the info! 🙂