Anyone willing to help with AMCAS Work/Activities Section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrtrs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out the AMCAS work/activities section and am slightly confused on what I am supposed to fill in for the description section (which states 1325 characters). Would anyone be willing to PM me a sample of what you wrote for that section so I can figure out what is meant by experience description they ask for? Thanks! I would be very grateful. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest just giving a narrative of what you did, leaving out descriptions of "what it meant to you". My advisor said that the Activities section is for descriptions, not reflection, while the Personal Statement should include minimal description and maximum reflection.

SanDiegoSOD said:
I suggest just giving a narrative of what you did, leaving out descriptions of "what it meant to you". My advisor said that the Activities section is for descriptions, not reflection, while the Personal Statement should include minimal description and maximum reflection.

I've actually heard otherwise. I think you're going to hear different things from different people (obviously). Since this was the first year they gave such a large character limit, some advisors I spoke with were unsure about what actually should be written. I wrote some reflection into my work/activities enteries and haven't had such a bad response so it couldn't have hurt me!