Anyone with academic GI Fellowship program insight?

Started by texasguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

texasguy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perhaps this is the wrong place to post this question (for which I apologize) but are there any current GI fellows with any insight into admissions into GI programs?

I'm a current MD/PhD student who will soon be applying for medicine residencies. I'm fairly certain that I'd like to go into GI and get my IM training at an institution where I can stay on to do GI and hopefully get involved with a pertinent research project in the field as well (my PhD project is not related to GI).

As a med student, how can I find out which institutions would best fit?
With admittedly not the best grades/scores (not AOA, below 230 step1/2) but a desire to go to a strong academic institution, what steps should I take before applying?

If anyone could steer me towards a person that may have the right answers i'd be forever greatful!

Thanks!