Anyone with no interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ralphie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After becoming "complete" several months back now, I have not been rejected by OR been offered an interview from:
1. Penn State - DID receive letter stating "continuous review"
2. NYMC
3. Temple
4. USC

I'm also complete at these DO schools:
1. PCOM
2. NYCOM
3. UMDNJ
... but still no rejection/interview

I called each school several times and my file is still "under review". Anyone out there in the same situation and care to share any new info and/or advice?

Members don't see this ad.

how long is several months? it sounds like you had a late start to your app process.

I received an invite from NYMC last week. My interview is this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Ralphie
After becoming "complete" several months back now, I have not been rejected by OR been offered an interview from:
1. Penn State - DID receive letter stating "continuous review"
2. NYMC
3. Temple
4. USC

I'm also complete at these DO schools:
1. PCOM
2. NYCOM
3. UMDNJ
... but still no rejection/interview

I called each school several times and my file is still "under review". Anyone out there in the same situation and care to share any new info and/or advice?
That's pretty bad that you haven't even been offered interviews at the DO schools. The best you can do is send a pre-interview letter of interest, telling them how much you like the school. Other than that there's nothing you can do.

Originally posted by exmike
how long is several months? it sounds like you had a late start to your app process.

yes...are you a late applicant? cause this can be a big factor in the reason why you have no heard back from anyone.

what are you stats? are they competitive at the DO schools?

Originally posted by Slickness
That's pretty bad that you haven't even been offered interviews at the DO schools. The best you can do is send a pre-interview letter of interest, telling them how much you like the school. Other than that there's nothing you can do.

That depends. DO schools dont' like everyone. I was shocked that I ended up with twice as many MD interviews than DO. His application, personal statement and ECs may make him look like he wouldn't be a great canidate for a DO school.

But I do agree that sending letters is what you can do at this point. Try to emphesis to the schools how serious you are about becoming a doctor.

Originally posted by Megalofyia
His application, personal statement and ECs may make him look like he wouldn't be a great canidate for a DO school.
That's true. If you hadn't had any experience with DOs or do not seem to be enthusiastic about the DO philosophy that could hurt at DO schools.