anyone with one waiting list...no other interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of your near future? hoping to retake the mcat and to reapply next year? sending update letters to the school you have been waitlisted? applying to carribean schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I started making back up plans. At first, I wasn't happy with the fact that my life's direction will be decided in the months of June and July. Having made back up plans, however, I'm ok with whatever happens. I won't think about the Caribbean until I've tried at least once more.

All in all, the waiting game sucks and the indefinite nature of the waiting is the worst part.

What do you guys think of your near future? hoping to retake the mcat and to reapply next year? sending update letters to the school you have been waitlisted? applying to carribean schools?

So far, I've only had one MD interview and one waitlist, as per the thread subject.

My backup plan is already in effect, as I also applied to several osteopathic schools, and have 2 upcoming interviews.

I am a non-trad who has been at this a number of years; I first applied after I received my undergraduate degreee, and then again after I finished my master's degree. No love either time. I gave up hope for a few years, and then re-applied this year, after getting more clinical experience and a substantially higher MCAT score. With all that being said, this is my last go-round. Another year of this would be too much, after 3 cycles already.

Members don't see this ad :)
you're so not the only one. Heard NOTHING but 6 rejections from 11 schools. Stressed? Bitter? You bet.

same here.. one interview, got put on hold. a good number of rejections and a good number of schools i havent heard back from... the wait sucks, thinking about the backup plan sucks even more..